INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge Colossus tv card  (Read 29024 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Hauppauge Colossus tv card
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »

There is no work around, other than assigning a device that can handle a certain channel to that channel. This does not preclude the device from being used for other channels.

I will have to think about adding the ability to avoid certain tuners.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 07:49:38 pm »

OK Now my colossus card works however this also means my old IR Blaster codes don't work (or rather got deleted as well)...
Just like last time I had to install Windows Media Center, get the codes learned then uninstalled...I can't have JRiver learn IR commands it simply does not work without windows media center being installed.(I posted this before with no answer...).  

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:21 pm »

Please remind me again what happens when you try to use the remote control.  What kind of remote is it?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 09:17:19 am »

MCE Remote Kit.  What I had to do months ago is to reinstall Windows Media Center to get JRiver to learn the IR codes from the Satellite Box.  
As I deleted all my Colossus channels yesterday just like you suggested I had to go through the IR learning process again.  But because I don't have Windows Media Center installed the learning part is not working. (I assume this is the root cause and there might be some dependency or a service running for the MCE Blaster that gets deleted when Windows Media Center is uninstalled...)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 09:20:14 am »

I see.  I am guessing maybe you need a MCE remote driver.  Maybe this will help:

http://www.byremote.com.au/hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 09:27:17 am »

Do you confirm there is a dependency with WMC?
Anyways I installed WMC last night I will try the IR learning with it installed tonight to see if this works...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 12:39:36 pm »

I have not been able to test this situation because my system is Windows 7 that came with WMC installed.  I do not feel like messing with it.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

The more useless stuff and services I can get rid of to ensure speed and most importantly good sound on my machine the better!
Besides it doesn't coexist well when other Softwares' need "The green button" such as JRiver and Sage.

All that is needed is to uninstall it in Add/Remove windows features. I don't mess around anything else. You should try it :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

Add/Remove windows features.

Aha.  I was trying to uninstall it and could not find it in the list of programs to remove.

Just did it and it did not affect my STB channel setup.  MCE IR emitter setup went through correctly.  No problems here.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 03:48:28 pm »

Come to think about it, if your old STB channels worked correctly, should only need to redo the channels, making sure you select the same parameters as before (i.e. the channel or input line to receive the signal, and the remote device and port).  You could actually skip the IR setup because that part of the setting should still work.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2014, 11:52:09 am »

I wish I could. As I said in a previous when I deleted the Channels as you suggested for the Colossus it also deleted the IR codes.  I reinstalled Windows Media center and I'm also having problem with this (IR Not detected). It used to be OK before..
Something strange is going on...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »

On another setup without Windows Media Center I just installed LM Remote Keymap to confirm nothing is wrong with the MCE IR Blaster and it worked right away flawlessly when I asked it to learn codes... So nothing wrong with the hardware or driver. It really is with JRIver having some kind of dependency on Windows Media Center. And on top of it,  with this setup,  MC gives me an error : You don't appear to have a media center receiver installed!!

And yet on another setup with same remote hub (the hp one that looks exactly like the one in the control setup window!!) same thing!!

The other hub on my main HTPC is a Toshiba one where I don't get the you dopn't appear message but I can't get it to learn codes anymore...

Yaobbing can you please try to replicate and uninstall WMC and see if you get the issue?
What's the point of having Windows media Center if you have JRiver!!!
This is driving me nuts! Shouldn't be easy to find that dependancy to WMC?

thx for the help

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 05:45:27 pm »

I did try.  Disabled WMC feature on my system, but my MCE remote still works fine.  

Aha.  I was trying to uninstall it and could not find it in the list of programs to remove.

Just did it and it did not affect my STB channel setup.  MCE IR emitter setup went through correctly.  No problems here.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »

Yaobbing some more info.
When I go into tools->remotes->commands my STB codes are still there and work with my STB but how do I re-associate them to my "new" STB...under the IR emitter setup? This would work!
I went into the Registry as per one of your previous post to get the raw codes but can't paste them into the IR wizard.............

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 07:48:56 am »

Yaobbing when you uninstalled WMC, did you try the IR learning part? Did it work?
Having WMC was just necessary a few months back to get JRiver to learn the STB IR codes btu worked with Windows Media Center.

Can't wait to get to the bottom of this...Thx again for your support!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:40 am »

Yaobbing some more info.
When I go into tools->remotes->commands my STB codes are still there and work with my STB but how do I re-associate them to my "new" STB...under the IR emitter setup? This would work!
I went into the Registry as per one of your previous post to get the raw codes but can't paste them into the IR wizard.............

This is interesting info. 
Try running the new STB IR wizard and send me a log.

Yaobbing when you uninstalled WMC, did you try the IR learning part? Did it work?

Yes and yes.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

Guess what...I just retried the STB wizard allover again, this time I had my computer sound ON (as this seems to be the only way to know a code is learned aside from the number changing for the IR learning codes...I also was a little more persistent in trying the codes and guess what? It worked!!!!!! Was it working before? I don't know and don't think so but not 100% sure...And that is Without Windows Media Center!!

Did you guys change anything in 20.0.47?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »

Television-related changes in recent builds are not specific to IR emitter setup.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 04:44:13 pm »

I wonder whether you going to Options > Remote Control > Commands triggered something that previously was not triggered.  Hmm..., something for me to think about.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 04:52:44 pm »

Hey by the way WOW :o!!!! It's now possible to see the live show under the guide view this is great!!! And I also like the description view with a bigger Live TV image...You guys are obviously making huge progress!

However changing channels is painful and the blaster codes, eventhough there..They don't work with my STB.  When I test them in the wizard they work fine. Going from my STB to an ATSC card while flipping channels in the guide doesn't seem to work either...

I'll keep playing with this and report back.  Can I disable Time-shifting ? It doesn't look like it...Maybe this would help?

As an FYI I know it's not my system as I've been using Sage for years without issues.

Thx Yaobbing.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 05:46:01 pm »

Just tried using 20.0.87 since I noticed a lot of changes have been done to improve TV.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the same issues:

Setting up the IR blaster works but when I try to use it after the setup it still doesn't work. At least now I can set it up but it doesn't work unless I'm in the test page.

Is there a way to choose more than one folder for TV recording? This would be a must for me to switch from Sage.

I still experience a lot of lag when changing channels and stuttering which is not present in Sage

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:11 pm »

You can not set more than one recording folders.  Not now anyway.

You can not disable time-shifting for digital TV (ATSC etc.) but you can for analog tuner/capture device.  That includes STB channels.

Regarding IR blaster issue, it is very strange that it works in the setup wizard but does not in actual use.  Did you try deleting all your STB channels and set them up completely new?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 07:43:29 pm »

Hi Yaobbing.  Ideally I think I should delete all my previous settings this may help indeed...
How do I do it? (I would have thought the new option under setup "Reset all television settings" would take care of it but it doesn't delete anything...

Just let me know how and I will give it a shot.

Also I've been trying to create different profiles form my 3 ATSC cards (Where I could sepcify different folders)
But it's not letting me...It only creates one for my colossus and another one for ATSC.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2015, 08:19:34 pm »

One more thing...

When using the MCE remote and clicking on guide, why doesn't it send me to the TV guide in theater view with the TV still playing in the corner?  Why does it pause? If I click on guide, the show I'm watching isn't that good to pause it :)...

To get the TV Guide to show in Theater view I had to change the settings manually..Restoring to default before didn't help as I thought it might have been me messing around with the layout.
thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:10 pm »

Hi Yaobbing.  Ideally I think I should delete all my previous settings this may help indeed...
How do I do it? (I would have thought the new option under setup "Reset all television settings" would take care of it but it doesn't delete anything...

Just let me know how and I will give it a shot.

Check all three checkboxes - remove channels, remove programs, reset all settings.

Also I've been trying to create different profiles form my 3 ATSC cards (Where I could sepcify different folders)
But it's not letting me...It only creates one for my colossus and another one for ATSC.

You can only create one profile for ATSC.  You can not specify different folders.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »

One more thing...

When using the MCE remote and clicking on guide, why doesn't it send me to the TV guide in theater view with the TV still playing in the corner? 
I think there is a little oversight on my part.  I had thought of the button as the starting point for starting TV, not after you already started playing it.  So we went into the Guide without dealing with the "current selection".  That is probably why you do not see a small video window.

Why does it pause? If I click on guide, the show I'm watching isn't that good to pause it :)...

Tools > Options > Theater View > Pause Video Playback when entering Theater View

To get the TV Guide to show in Theater view I had to change the settings manually..Restoring to default before didn't help as I thought it might have been me messing around with the layout.

20.0.86 (3/20/2015)

2. Changed: Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater view is part of a custom group named "Television".

20.0.85 (3/19/2015)

8. Changed: MCE remote control "Guide" button switches MC to Theater view Guide if "Guide" is either in its default location (in Video group) or as a root item (parallel to Video).

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2015, 10:26:58 am »

Thx for all the Help Yaobbing much appreciated.

Pause as an option, nice! I unchecked it to my preference!

About these two:

2. Changed: Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater view is part of a custom group named "Television".

This is what I did but had named it TV...Changing to Television didn't work either..Clicking on guide just does Exactly as if I click on the menu button. Un nesting Guide worked

8. Changed: MCE remote control "Guide" button switches MC to Theater view Guide if "Guide" is either in its default location (in Video group) or as a root item (parallel to Video).

Yes afgter doing the "workaroun" under 7

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2015, 01:04:12 pm »

What those two changes mean are as follows:

It will work if the Guide is located in the following three ways:

1. Default:
Root > Video > Guide

2. As a root item:
Root > Guide

3. In Television group (Television must be a group, in the root, just like the default Video group):
Root > Television > Guide

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2015, 08:39:37 am »

Yaobbing,

I uninstalled MC20.0.87 completely and re-installed to see if it helps...After this very long process I'm still stuck with the same issue(s) of setting up the IR blaster.  Testing it in the setup window and it works fine there but...Only there.

When I try to make it work after the setup it doesn't do anything ie no channel change...Please help!!

I really want this to work and willing to help but I keep hitting brick walls every time I try to make TV work with JRiver.  NickF in another post really summarizes it well...

Like I said I'm willing to help but help me help you :)

Once this is resolved I need the guide to work for all 4 capture cards...
And then figure out how to make comskip work....Recordings, ANd I would really need to be able to choose from more than just one hard drive!!!
One folder doesn't cut it for me to move from Sage to MC20.

On a positive note I do get image and sound on my Colossus now wtih my STB using HDMI!!!  (I wouldn't have sound before even though my config seemed similar before the reinstall...)

Getting there but it's taking years for TV ..(I was hoping for months...:)  Again I know you're working hard and I can live with both JRiver and Sage and Audio is still priority #1 for me not TV....

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 12:00:56 pm »

Back to no sound with my colossus without changing anything...Quick investigation it goes through the DSP eventhough I have bit streaming checked for AC3...

Workks fine for ATSC card but not anymore for the colossus.
It's telling me it's converting 6CH to 2 but I still hear no sound...

Strange...

My setup is ASIO -> Exasound for 2 channel Audio
and PC SPDIF out to my cambridge Receiver for TV and 5.1 Videos, Computer sound etc...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »

Guide set-up:

When creating another profile for ATSC (I assume that's what I should be doing..)

The STB guide shows up with its 800 channels...These should not be there.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2015, 12:23:06 pm »

Yaobbing,

I uninstalled MC20.0.87 completely and re-installed to see if it helps...After this very long process I'm still stuck with the same issue(s) of setting up the IR blaster.  Testing it in the setup window and it works fine there but...Only there.

When I try to make it work after the setup it doesn't do anything ie no channel change...Please help!!

I really want this to work and willing to help but I keep hitting brick walls every time I try to make TV work with JRiver.  NickF in another post really summarizes it well...

Like I said I'm willing to help but help me help you :)

Once this is resolved I need the guide to work for all 4 capture cards...
And then figure out how to make comskip work....Recordings, ANd I would really need to be able to choose from more than just one hard drive!!!
One folder doesn't cut it for me to move from Sage to MC20.

On a positive note I do get image and sound on my Colossus now wtih my STB using HDMI!!!  (I wouldn't have sound before even though my config seemed similar before the reinstall...)

Getting there but it's taking years for TV ..(I was hoping for months...:)  Again I know you're working hard and I can live with both JRiver and Sage and Audio is still priority #1 for me not TV....

This is tough nut to crack.

The only difference that I can think of, between testing in Setup and actually playing a channel, is the delay between blasts setting.  Have you tried changing it to different values?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2015, 12:35:33 pm »

Guide set-up:

When creating another profile for ATSC (I assume that's what I should be doing..)

The STB guide shows up with its 800 channels...These should not be there.

The channel map window shows all channels.  You decide which channel should be matched with which ID.  If you use different provider setting for your ATSC channels and your STB channels (for example your "cable line up" for STB, and "Digital Terrestrial Lineup" for ATSC) then you should make sure all ATSC channels do not get any matches when doing "Cable lineup", and STB channels do not get any matchings when doing "Digital Terrestrial lineup".  We can not separate them because some users will want to use a single lineup for all channels.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96504.msg665581#msg665581

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2015, 12:50:22 pm »

Fair enough for the channel set-up...This part seems to be working fine now so that's good.

For the IR blaster delays yes I've played around with these in the setup page and yes it has an impact but since I can only use the blaster there no impact anywhere else...

For the sound my colossus goes through the DSP Engine...My ATSC cards don't (as it should..) Any idea why that is?

Like I said earlier the sound, right after set-up worked....Closed JRiver came back and then no sound... I now have sound but in Stereo through JRiver DSP...But I want AC3 bitstreaming just like ATSC...
I've been looking at the filters but couldn't figure out what to do...ATSC sound does bitstreaming and sent to proper audio device...

Looks like it maybe a setup in the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer but what exactly? No idea....

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »

While an ATSC channel is playing in MC, please do a right-click > DirectShow Filters > Copy graph info to clipboard... and paste the result here.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2015, 01:22:21 pm »

I sent you the 2 filster, the working ATSC and non working Colossus

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2015, 01:39:45 pm »

What is your video setting?  Red October, Red October HQ, or Custom?

Your ATSC graph uses DirectSound audio renderer while your Colossus graph has JRiver audio renderer.

If it is JRiver Audio renderer that is not working, check Tools > Options > Audio settings.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:27 pm »

I'm using Red October Standard with custom settings and AUDIO renderer to my SPDIF mobo soundcard.  That's what my Colossus card should be using but for some reason it goes through the JRiver engine eventhough I have Bitstreaming Activated for AC3.  All other Video playback including ATSC works fine except this. SO it's not my sound setup

That's my question to you...Why does the filter for the colossus send it through the JRiver engine?? It should just follow how I have it set-up for AC3 and do bitstreaming (Just like the ATSC Card as it is not setup differently in my audio preference!)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2015, 04:50:18 pm »

I see.  When TV plays in non-time-shifting mode, the audio renderer is always JR Audio Renderer.  Only when TV is played in time-shifting mode, it follows Red October settings.  It may take a little more work for me to the that part to work correctly.  You can try enabling time-shifting for analog tuners in the mean time.

Why do you choose not to use JR Audio Renderer?  Do you do that for all your video playback?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

Try RO Std.  No custom settings .

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2015, 06:09:41 am »

Ah this makes sense as I don't run the colossus in time shifting mode as it would stutter...But I'll try it to see what happens...

Not sure I understand Why would I want the JRiver Engine to tamper with Dolby Digital.  I've had this setup for years where I use a USB DAC in ASIO for 2 channel audio + DSD bitstreaming and a different audio renderer for video sound (Dolby digital, DTS or 2 channel audio).  It always worked well this way but let me do some tests and report back.  So I'll try the ROS no custom as Jim suggested and report back...

Yaobbing what about my IR Blaster issue? Any other tests I can do to help me with this?

Thx guys...We're getting there :)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2015, 06:46:54 am »

I confirm 2 things:

Using ROS standard will bitstream my AC3 sound correctly IF AND ONLY IF  I use the Default direct sound with my SPDIF output to receiver.

I also confirm that if I set time-shifting mode for analog device and use my custom Red October setup with a different Audio Renderer it does bypasses the JRiver engine and works fine by sending the AC3 bitstream!!

ROS standard for me is not an option as I need my Exasound DAC to use ASIO and want to keep different audio paths for 2CH audio and Video audio.  (One of the beauty of JRiver !!!)

So Yaobbing any way to change this so that it works the same as an ATSC card ie without having to select time shifting mode for my Colossus?

Thx!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2015, 10:01:59 am »

Yaobbing what about my IR Blaster issue? Any other tests I can do to help me with this?

What happens if you try to play an STB channel?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

The post above is analog card = STB

So in a nutshell:

Colossus STB Dolby Digital Passthrough no JRiver (AS wanted) when in Time shifting mode
If not in time shifting as per your previous post it uses the JRiver engine (UNWANTED)

ATSC Cards are fine (No JRiver Engine)

IR BLaster still not working passed the setup window. I can set it all up but it doesn't work eitehr in theater view or into JRiver.

Thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »

What you are saying is when you play an STB channel, MC loads up your Colossus, which plays the video from the STB, but IR does not change the channel.  So the initial start up may be in the wrong channel, and subsequent channel change will have not effect?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2015, 09:58:08 am »

Let me ask my questions in a different way. 

1. When you start playing a recently setup STB channel, either from the Standard view or from Theater View, does MC play the channel correctly?  Correct behavior should be - it loads your Colossus and produce the correct channel on screen.  I already know what going on with your audio when you are not running time-shifting.  Whether the video shows the correct channel is the important thing.  IT emitter should fire the code to set the channel on the STB so you will see the correct channel.

2. What happens when you try to change to another STB channel?  The correct behavior should be that Colossus should remain loaded, and the IR emitter fires codes to change channel on the STB.  Do you see IR emitter firing? 

When you say it does not work, is it 1. or 2. or both that do not work?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2015, 10:09:00 am »

Hi Yaobbing.  And hopefully this will make sense to you :)...

Fairly simple: It will not send Blaster codes no matter what I do and where I am in JRiver EXCEPT when I'm in the IR Blaster set-up page.  When I hit TEST and enter numbers there it will change channels for my STB. But nowhere else. (Theater view or not...)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

Can you email me a copy of your backup MC library (I will delete it once I finish trouble-shooting this problem).  Also send me a copy of your MC settings registry entries.  Run RegEdit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 20, right-click > Export.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:29 am »

By the way, I am trying to get some detailed info.  You keep giving me the same info ("It will not send Blaster codes no matter what I do and where I am in JRiver EXCEPT when I'm in the IR Blaster set-up page").

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:37 am »

All right we'll do.  I don't know what more info I can give you.  If I did I would in a heartbeat... Hopefully the log files will help. I'll send them to you in a personnal message?:

thx again for the help
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up