INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcut Arguments/Parameters  (Read 2312 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Shortcut Arguments/Parameters
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:42:34 am »

Hey,

Is it currently possible to use parameters in the shortcut to the MC exe? The parameters being something like Theater View 'views'. So for example:

MediaCenter.exe /tview /films - launches in Theater View, and goes straight to the Films view
MediaCenter.exe /tview /music - launches in Theater View, and goes straight to the Music view
MediaCenter.exe /tview /tv - launches in Theater View, and goes straight to the TV view

and so on. The parameter must match the name of the view as setup in Tools > Options > Theater View, or you could offer a 'mapping' option here to map the view to any parameter the user wishes.

I don't like the 'Start In' option as a means of auto-opening in Theater View because it's not flexible. Sometimes I want Standard View (to modify the library), other times I want Theater View, so being able to do this via shortcut parameters is the way to go - I could have multiple tiles on the Win8 Start Screen, making it a bit more 'family' friendly too.

Oh, if MC is opened in Theater View, Standard View should NOT open 'behind' it, such that when you close Theater View, you see a blank desktop, or even better go straight back to the start screen if MC was launched from there.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Shortcut Arguments/Parameters
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:10 am »

Take a look at the Developer page.  Link below.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:39 am »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

Have a look at the View section.

Create a simple batch file for each View you would want MC to open in.  Create a shortcut for the batch file so that you can change the icon for each one to make it family friendly. 

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:38:38 am »

If it's a batch file, won't I see the Command window open? Don't want that...

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 04:24:19 am »

You can get around that. Write the following into your bat file:

Code: [Select]
@echo off
start "JRiver Media Center 19" "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Media Center 19.exe"
exit

replace the path argument as necessary of course. using the start argument, the bat will start the file and close immediately. Then you can just add the parameters to the path as usual.

The first argument is necessary as the start command interprets the first string as the window title. More on that here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/507347/hide-command-window-of-bat-file-that-executes-another-exe-file
Pages: [1]   Go Up