INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with DLNA server not showing newly imported videos  (Read 975 times)

abwyatt

• Recent member
Help with DLNA server not showing newly imported videos
« on: September 20, 2014, 04:47:33 am »

I have been struggling with a problem for some time without success and wondering if someone can help with some pointers. I am using latest MC20 but have had the problem since MC19.

I have a DLNA server setup on my Win8.1 (64bit) PC. I access the DLNA server through my LG TV to watch various types of videos. The problem is that new videos that are auto-imported into my library are not showing up on the DLNA server. I have tried different types of customised views (search list and filepath) without success.

Auto-import is working because the new videos appear in the video library list.

The only way to get new videos to appear on the DLNA server is to open 'Options' in the Media Network, then click 'OK'. Or the alternative is to restart MC, ie reboot the PC or shut down Media server and restart it. Only then will new videos appear on the DLNA server.

I have tried back to basics by setting up a new DLNA server with a generic DLNA profile, but still no luck. 

Anyone able to give me some pointers as to what might be the problem?

abwyatt

• Recent member
Re: Help with DLNA server not showing newly imported videos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:02 am »

bump ...

Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem? I assume that is the way MC is supposed to work, ie. auto-imported videos should appear on the DLNA server/client without the need for a reset.

abwyatt

• Recent member
Re: Help with DLNA server not showing newly imported videos
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 01:56:46 am »

I am still struggling with this problem. Anyone able to help?

A little more explanation on the usage side. The videos that get auto-imported into MC20 on my PC are from several video podcast feeds that I then watch on my LG smart TV via DLNA. As I suggested in the OP, these new videos (auto-downloaded through the podcast feed at different times of the day) are not appearing on my LG smart TV DLNA client. The only way to get the new videos to appear on my TV (or mobile/tablet DLNA client) is to reset MC.

As a workaround, I have setup a Windows Scheduled task that closes and restarts MC once a day so that I can watch my latest video casts on my TV, at least after the restart. Of course this is not ideal, so would love to have this problem resolved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up