INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie genres and folders  (Read 1632 times)

troopermeade

• Recent member
Movie genres and folders
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:44:19 am »

1. What determines the genre of a movie and is there any way I can change it. I'd like to be able to determine which movies are musicals which are children's etc.

2. What are the attributes that MC20 uses to determine whether a video is a Home Video, Movie or Show? I have one, long, home video that thinks it's a movie and other Home Videos that think they are Shows. Is there a way that I can make a file show in the category of my choice?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Movie genres and folders
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:33:54 am »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

troopermeade

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:31:49 am »

Thanx. Tags certainly sorts out my first question but I'm still struggling to answer the second question about folders/categories. If the answer to that is also in the tags could you please expand?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 07:08:22 am »

MC makes a guess.  You can edit the Media Sub Type tag.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:42:03 pm »

The best thing to do would be to set up auto import folders, and do auto-tagging based on the folders. See glynor's excellent guide here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68462.0

That way, YOU can decide what MC tags media subtype as. For example, if you make new home videos, just move them to the auto-watched folder that is set up to tag new entries as Home Video when they are imported.
Then, when MC sees that new stuff has been added to that watched folder, it will tag it as Home Video, as directed to do so by the auto-import rules.
Of course, you are free to create new library fields and populate them automatically based on any rules you can concoct. Just read the guide carefully, proceed slowly and ask for help as needed.

troopermeade

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:14:21 am »

Thanks all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up