INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not connecting  (Read 3090 times)

erniek

• Recent member
Gizmo not connecting
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:32:09 pm »

I have the Gizmo app loaded on my Kyocera phone and I am trying to set up a connection to my PC with JR20 on it. Got my key entered on phone but will not connect. I am using FIOS. Any suggestions on how to set this all up. I want to be able to control JRiver using my cell phone.
Thanks
Ernie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo not connecting
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:05:58 pm »

Please read the Gizmo instructions on the wiki.  They have links to related topics.

erniek

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:27:27 am »

I did this and still cannot connect even using Bluetooth. My computer and phone both recognize the other but no connection. Is this an Android issue because all I want to do is control the PC with JRiver on it from my phone either through wifi or Bluetooth which my PC (Asus Vivo) has.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »

You can't use Gizmo to connect to your PC over Bluetooth.  Wireless should work.  Make sure wireless is on and working.

erniek

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »

All I want to do is control a PC with Android phone. The PC has both wireless and Bluetooth. When I try to connect with Gizmo on my phone it does not connect.
Do I have to go through my FIOS wireless to do this or should I be able to just have a connection between my phone and the PC? Sorry but I seem to be missing something about this.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »

Your phone and your PC must normally be on the same network.  Is the wireless option on on your  phone? 

If not, Gizmo will attempt to connect over the cell network and this won't work unless you have configured access through your router.  See "Network Access" on the wiki for information on this outside connection method.
Pages: [1]   Go Up