INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to put small subset of all albums on Flash/Thumb Drive?  (Read 1232 times)

senojhrj1

• Recent member
Best way to put small subset of all albums on Flash/Thumb Drive?
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:36:34 am »

From time to time, I like to put 7-10 albums (FLAC) on a flash drive to play via a separate Denon/Marantz Receiver using the front IPod/USB port.  Sometimes I actually want to put them on a second computer that runs JRiver.   

I have used the Send To option, and it doesn't work the way I anticipated.  When I send the albums to the flash drive, JRiver now notes two copies of each song is present in the original library - one copy in the original library and one copy on the flash drive.

What is the best procedure for doing this?  Thanks
Harry ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Best way to put small subset of all albums on Flash/Thumb Drive?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:44 am »

Pick Sync Handheld and drag and drop the files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

senojhrj1

• Recent member
Re: Best way to put small subset of all albums on Flash/Thumb Drive?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:47:03 pm »

Matt, thanks for your help.  It works great!  

Now, I have a follow up question.  I have now put 10 albums on the flash drive using sync handheld device and dragging the albums to the action window.  When I take the flash drive to the second music system computer, I want to put two of the albums from the flash drive on the second system's JRiver.  I did an import for the two albums which put the entries into JRiver but the actual album files remained on the flash drive.  What is the recommended procedure for doing this action?

And, how do I keep a multi-artist album together when it is synched on a handheld device?  I had one album with 12 artist and when I synced to the handheld, it created 12 separate folders with one song each.
Thanks
Harry
Pages: [1]   Go Up