INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D play back  (Read 2953 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
3D play back
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:57:51 pm »

Hi.

can anyone explain how this works please?:

NEW: Possible to configure external playback on the file type bdmv3d

Thanks...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 3D play back
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »

In Tools > Options > File types, you can tell MC to use an external playback for each file type.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

Thanks Jim.

So does this mean I will am able to play 3D BDMV movies through JR in 3D?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:08:33 pm »

So does this mean I will am able to play 3D BDMV movies through JR in 3D?

No, we don't have 3d support.  The change is that you can configure us to start a player that does have support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stewart_pk

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »

Arcsoft TMT is no more, it's been pulled, yes it's true.
Perhaps more of an incentive to add 3D capability to JRiver MC  ;)

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:56:07 pm »

No, we don't have 3d support.  The change is that you can configure us to start a player that does have support.

I see. Is there information/set-up info on how to do this?

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 04:53:45 am »

Hi Wull,

I requested the change because the filetype .mkv and .mk3d were grouped. This meant JRiver would attempt to play my 3D MVC encoded mkv files which have the filetype .mk3d.

Since Matt made the change (thanks again) JRiver plays all my MKV files but any 3D files are handled using StereoScopic Player which supports true full resolution (via HDMI 1.4) 3D. When I press stop on my remote (which is mapped using LCDwriter) then it passes the command to StereoScopic Player to quit rather than stop and this passes me back to JRiver.

I do all my 3D ripping to 3D MKV using MakeMKV and tick the option MVC in the data stream.

John

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 06:08:43 am »

Cheers WeeHappyPixie.

I have never heard of StereoScopic player before i've always used either Powerdvd or TMT, I shall look into this. So do/will I have to convert all my 3D BDMV to  MKV files for this to work?

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 06:51:08 am »

Hi Wull,

I have never used BDMV files. When I checked the FAQ section of Stereoscopic Player http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Player/Bluray_en.aspx this is the info it gives.

3D Blu-ray Playback

Introduction

The Stereoscopic Player does not support full-featured 3D Blu-ray playback yet. However, since version 1.7 it includes all components to play the files on 3D Blu-ray disks, provided that the disk is not encrypted (copy protected).

To open a file from a 3D Blu-ray disk, click File|Open File, navigate to the BDMV\STREAM\SSIF folder on the disk and select one of the *.ssif files. The main title is usually the largest file on the disk, but often it is split into two files. In such case, start with the first one and open the second one when playback of the first one completed.

Playing commercial copy protected disks requires on-the-fly or prior decryption using third party tools. Before using such tools please make sure their use is allowed in your country. For legal reasons we cannot provide any help on decryption on our website.

System Requirements

Windows Vista, Windows 7
Blu-ray drive
Quad-core processor
Decryption tool

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I normally only rip my movies in to MKV files for DVD & Blu-ray (Movie Only with full soundtracks and forced subs) and 3D Blu-rays into MK3D files (actually a MKV file with different official extension).

If you need help ripping a 3D Bluray then let me know and I'll draft up the steps I do.

John

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:03:43 am »

Hi Wull,

I have never used BDMV files. When I checked the FAQ section of Stereoscopic Player http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Player/Bluray_en.aspx this is the info it gives.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I normally only rip my movies in to MKV files for DVD & Blu-ray (Movie Only with full soundtracks and forced subs) and 3D Blu-rays into MK3D files (actually a MKV file with different official extension).

If you need help ripping a 3D Bluray then let me know and I'll draft up the steps I do.

John

Cheers John, much obliged. If I get stuck I will give you a shout.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up