INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Security for WebPlay and WebRemote?  (Read 1063 times)

new2hifi

• Recent member
Security for WebPlay and WebRemote?
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:08:52 am »

I have Access Key and Authentication setup in MC18---Options---Media Network and use JRemote to control MC18. DLNA Server, Rendrer and Controller are already disabled on my MC18.

However, I see if a a user is on my home LAN, the user can just connect and control MC18 without any authentication. MC18 demands Access Key from JRemote but anyone on my LAN with a bowers has the same control via IP and WebRemote site?

Is it a bug? How can I fix it? ?

new2hifi

• Recent member
Re: Security for WebPlay and WebRemote?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:55:39 pm »

? Anybody?? Anyone??? Any answers? ?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:09:36 am »

Haven't tried this on JRemote, but how about Access Control ? http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Control

EDIT: I'm not sure but this might have been added in version 19; no longer have version 18 installed to check

new2hifi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

Haven't tried this on JRemote, but how about Access Control ? http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Control

EDIT: I'm not sure but this might have been added in version 19; no longer have version 18 installed to check

Hi Arindelle!

Thanks for replying. At last there is some interaction.

Access control does not affect the Media Network; it just hide/shows media files. I want to restrict playback control of WebRemote. Right now, anyone on my home LAN with a bowers has the control over WebRemote and thus MC18 playback; I want to restrict that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up