INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize View .... How?  (Read 991 times)

JoeBloe

• Recent member
Customize View .... How?
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

Hoping someone might have an answer to what has so far eluded me. ?
I have a 'testing' view where I want to have files that meet certain [compression] criteria will be labeled one way and the rest as another. Originally I had a simple if 'compression contained avc1', that met the criteria. Of course, I had always wanted to be able to refine that as it never took into account other video codecs or the various audios that were compatible.
To that end I came up with a search phrase that, so far, is close enough.
([Compression]="avc1" or [Compression]="264") ([Compression]="aac" or [Compression]="mpeg" or [Compression]="mp3")

My problem is how to incorporate that into my customize view. Originally my expression was
if(isequal([compression],avc1,8),Candidate,NOT Candidate)

I tried putting the search phrase into the expression. To no avail. Nothing comes up. NADA
if('search phrase',yes,no)

I tried using a search list with the search phrase, but that only gave me the YES candidates, none of the NOs. (which is understandable)

So... is this possible??
Can I have an IF statement with my search phrase?
Am I going about this the wrong way, and if so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice y'all can throw my way. :)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customize View .....HEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:16:29 pm »

Without testing, how about something like this...

This is how I pull values from the compression field..

Code: [Select]
ifelse(isequal([Compression], DTS-HD MA, 8), DTS-HD MA, isequal([Compression], DTS-HD, 8), DTS-HD, isequal([Compression], MP2, 8),MP2, isequal([Compression], pcm_dvd, 8), PCM,  isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], DTS-ES, 8), DTS-ES, isequal([Compression], DTS, 8), DTS, isequal([Compression], TRUEHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD,  isequal([Compression], AC3, 8), DD, isequal([Compression], Dolby TrueHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD, isequal([Compression],mp3, 8), MP3, isequal([Compression], FLAC, 8), Flac, isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], LPCM, 8), LPCM, isequal([Compression], MPEG-2, 8), MPEG-2, isequal([Compression], WMA 10, 8), WMA 10, 1, NO)
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JoeBloe

• Recent member
Re: Customize View .... How?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 06:29:37 am »

Except that only tests for one part of what comprises a video. I was hoping to test both the video AND audio for TRUE without an endlessly nested if-then statement.

Is it possible to use our search phrases inside other expressions? If so what is the syntax?
If not I'll just buckle down and do a big ol' if-then.

It would just be so much easier to change a search phrase than an if-then if conditions change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up