INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to share/transfer user fields between libraries?  (Read 953 times)

ClassicalDJ

• Recent member
Is there a way to share/transfer user fields between libraries?
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:25 am »

I use one library location to tag all new downloads before moving them to my NAS (tagging on the NAS library is often laggy). I have setup the same custom fields for both libraries, but the field contents do not transfer when I move the files to the NAS. Is there a way for this to work?

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a way to share/transfer user fields between libraries?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:17:58 am »

I use one library location to tag all new downloads before moving them to my NAS (tagging on the NAS library is often laggy). I have setup the same custom fields for both libraries, but the field contents do not transfer when I move the files to the NAS. Is there a way for this to work?

Disclaimer: I'm basing my advice on the Windows version of MC.

Be sure that "save in file tags..." is checked for each custom field. (Tools/Options/Library & folders). 

Be sure that "Update tags when file info changes" is checked. (Tools/Options/General)

There might be an additional option to set if you are using Wav file format. And maybe Aiff format.

When you populate custom fields in the ripping library, they will be written to the music or video files themselves.  When you move the music files to the NAQS and import them into the other library, MC will read the tags in the file and populate the custom fields in the  other library.

I've used a similar approach of ripping to one library and them importing the files to my permanent library for years.

Pages: [1]   Go Up