INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi dpi display components not scaling properly.  (Read 1272 times)

mramsden

• Recent member
Hi dpi display components not scaling properly.
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »

I'm using version 20.0.17. Windows 8.1.

On my 30" 2560x1600 display, everything looks like it has correct proportions, and works great with changing the size menu display.

On my laptop, which is one of the new hi-res displays, 3200x1800, it doesn't work quite right. (Razer

Although some components scale ok, some of the option menus are a bit scrambled and scrunched, regardless of size setting in MC or screen resolution setting or sizing settings in Windows.

When I go into the DSP studio, the equalizer is messed up, and each column is the width of <dB>; and the sliders disappear. If I set the display at a lower res, it seems even worse. When I set <size> in MC, some things scale, but the equalizer is in a tiny block up in the upper L corner rather than expanding, as it does on my other machine.

Any ideas WHY it isn't adjusting properly?

I could attach screen shots if needed.

..Mike

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hi dpi display components not scaling properly.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

This is a bug which has been there from the introduction of the High DPI scaling options.
In short, what happens is that UI elements are scaled by Media Center's size option, but text elements are scaled twice - once by the Windows DPI setting, and again by Media Center's size option.

To fix this you need to do a little calculation.
The standard font size in Media Center at 100% size, with Windows set to 100% is 9pt.

At 200% size in Windows, this should be 18pt. (9pt x2)
Instead, with Windows set to 200% and Media Center set to 200% it will be displayed as 36pt. (9pt x2 x2)

As a temporary solution until this is fixed, go to Tools → Options → Tree & View → Select Font
Manually enter a font size of 4pt (=16pt) or 5pt (=20pt) to have things displayed at roughly the correct size.
You need to restart Media Center after making this change.
The text will be slightly too large or too small, but should look roughly correct.

The value that you need to use will be different if you have either Windows or Media Center set to something other than 200%, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what font size you have to enter.

mramsden

• Recent member
Re: Hi dpi display components not scaling properly: fixed
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:47:01 pm »

Thanks!

That did indeed fix it. Here's hoping Windows 9, or whatever they are going to call in on Tuesday, will fix this!

..Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up