INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoneswitch rule not working [Solved]  (Read 1057 times)

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Zoneswitch rule not working [Solved]
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:37:33 am »

I have two PC's which I uses as clients to run J River on a server, so I have set up a rule on both clients to switch to the THERE zone based primarily on the file type (which is generally FLAC but I have the rule set up so if it sees any conceivable file type that I have in my library it will switch to the THERE zone and stop play on the local zone.)

Both PC's run Win 7 64-bit; until yesterday, both were on J River 19. The rule is the same in both machines - I simply exported it from the first client and imported it to the 2nd.. A few days ago, it stopped working in one machine. I figured it was time to upgrade to MC 20, which I did in both clients, and got exactly the same result - the rule works in one machine and not in the other.

Suggestions?  I have not yet done a complete uninstall of both versions from the machine which has the problem, but if there's an easier way to fix this that would be great. TIA!

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Zoneswitch rule not working
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:37:52 am »

Fixed it - though I am not sure exactly how. :) First I uninstalled 19 along with all the registry entries thereunto pertaining. Then I deleted the rule in 20 and manually re-created it (with exactly the same syntax.)

Now it works. :)

Anyway: With the exception of this one incident Zoneswitch has been working nicely for me, but I do still think that it would be a very good idea to offer an option of always/only defaulting to a particular zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up