INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recording problems  (Read 1027 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV recording problems
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

MC20 latest Beta build. HDHomerun network tuner - ATSC

This was all done from Standard View, Drives & Devices - Television.

Was testing out TV recording.

Switched my recorded TV directory from a local drive to a UNC path via Options - Television.

Highlighted a show that was going to start in a few minutes, clicked record.

Recording started according to Reporter, saw nothing in UNC path. Checked directory that was previously switched from, and recording was being stored there.

Let recording finish. Reporter showed no Tv recording.

Reselected UNC path for recording. Restarted MC. Highlighted a show that was currently in progress, clicked record.

Show started recording in old directory again. Pressed Cancel Recording. Was not showing in television that is was recording anymore, but folder continued to grow in size and Reporter showed TV recording.

Went as far as hitting the Stop button a few times, but recording would not stop.

Hope this information helps. Will try to reboot now to get new Recorded TV directory to stick.

Ken

Edit:
Rebooting got the UNC path to take, and cancel recording seemed to work this time.

If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV recording problems
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »

This is strange.  I am not able to reproduce it.

Is your UNC path on a different computer?  I created mine on the same local drive, and I wonder if that makes a difference.  The setting change should go to your registry as soon as your click OK button on Television Options page.  The next time any TV function is performed, the setting is retrieved from the registry.  Could your registry fail to update?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kensn

• MC Beta Team
Re: TV recording problems
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:31:39 pm »

I did nothing after the reboot except open MC and start a recording. It then recorded to the proper UNC path. So it would seem that the value was in the Registry before the reboot.

The UNC path points to a drive on a NAS box.

It seemed like MC was in a bit of a confused state until I rebooted.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up