INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to view two windows: 1 with all files, 1 with playlist.  (Read 3912 times)

datatrader

How to view two windows: 1 with all files, 1 with playlist.
« on: February 02, 2002, 08:32:50 am »

Most other software programs allow a simple drag and drop interface with multiple windows.
(Morpheus would be an example)This allows you to view your mp3 files in one window and your new playlist file that you are creating in another window. In this way you can view both by name and artist etc while creating a new playlist.
Is this possible with Media Jukebox ?

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
RE:How to view two windows: 1 with all files, 1 with playlist.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2002, 10:39:21 am »

MJ works differently - so differently in fact that you don't need multiple windows.
You can view your files in the right (content) panel and drag files to playlists on the left (tree) panel
You can set a "droptarget" that points to a playlist so that when you double click a file it gets put into the playlist.
You can select a large group of files and, through file properties" add them to multiple playlists at the same time.
You can do a filtered search to show you files that are or are not in particular playlists.

MJ has more power and flexibility than can be achieved with multiple windows - make no mistake.
Drawback - you are going to have to shift your method outside of the square to which you're accustomed in order to avail yourself of that power and flexibility.
Some people have problem with that.
Hope you're not one of those unfortunates.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2002, 10:45:32 am »

sounds like Super Bowl Advertizing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datatrader

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2002, 01:13:16 pm »

Callithumpian replied: "You can view your files in the right (content) panel and drag files to playlists on the left (tree) panel".
Thank you for your response... However this doesn't answer my question... Yes I can drag a file to the playlist Icon in the left panel... or right click the file to copy to the playlist...  BUT you cannot view the contents of the playlist when doing this nor can you view the size of the playlist to see (for instance) when you are getting to CD size (700MB). (you can of course open the playlist in the right panel to view the contents but then you lose the view of your mp3 files and would have to be continually toggeling back and forth)
Unless you can show me a workaround this is considerably more time consuming and I would use a different software program that allows you to simply view your mp3 files in one window and the contents of the playlist in the second window...  not just an Icon that says 'playlist'... this my friend all would agree is LESS power.
Or perhaps I am missing something for which I shall graciously await your reply...

Severian

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2002, 01:34:15 pm »

I have to say I'm with the 'trader on this. I've considered posting this in the wish forum, and from the few times I've gotten 8 stable enough to even look at, the situation doesn't seem to be improving. IS there a way to do what he's asking?

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2002, 05:53:26 pm »

Well if it's Music Match you want, then so be it - sorry, but MJ does not have mulitple windows.
Which, I guess you can tell, suits me perfect.

On the Saturday afternoon before last I organised 7,500 files into groups of smartlists and playlists each of between 650 and 700 Mb in about two and a half hours.  I know I didn't miss one single file and that the only repeats were intentional.

I have since burned the CDs and tagged the files with the archive number.
Couldn't be happier.

Now if I could only use MJ through the *&^%$#@ proxy at work.....

Severian

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2002, 09:08:07 pm »

Make no mistake, this is certainly not a dood-this-thing-suckz thread; MJ rocks, for sure, and I wouldn't have shelled out for it if I didn't think so, having looked around quite a bit at the competitors. I think that this kind of discussion only arises as a testament to MJ's power and flexibility: darn it sure does everything else, why doesn't it do this?

I too have a massive music collection, and MJ handles it admirably. I do believe, however, that the multiple-scroll-click-add-confirm metaphor for each track that's being pursued in the interface is inferior to the task I commonly put it to, which is to assemble a completely arbitrary collection of songs for burn to disc or to put on the Nomad.

Again, I'm not putting MJ down, but I think it's worth discussing, particularly if you power users have some tips to get around it. The process for me is something like this:
1) Select song.

--This involves at least three clicks and drags in the Media Library view per song; one to open the tree, and then further clicks to get to the artist and album I'm interested in. Due to the size of the open tree at that point, there's generally some scrolling involved as well. This part of the interface idiom is unavoidable, I think, and probably one of the best ways to handle it, so I've really got no problem there. A multiple window interface would have the same limitation.

2) Now, once I've got my track selected, I can do a couple of things: I can either send it to a playlist for collection and reordering and to see if I'm exceeding my space before I burn or download to Nomad, or I can drop it right on the Nomad's entry in the tree.

--In the first case, I'm looking at a three or four click process (right click for context menu, click to add to playlist, possibly optional click to select specific playlist, click to confirm). Yuck. Plus it's blind; I don't see feedback, the results of my process. I'm not reminded of what order or other tracks are already in the playlist, which is subjectively important in creating a flow of music and mood, and objectively important to whether or not I'm blowing the device capacity. So that makes me frown.
--In the second case, I can drag/drop directly to the Nomad or playlist, which is better in terms of clicks but worse because that file tree is frigging HUGE and drags that also force a scroll are really hard to control, in just about any program. The overall process is usually slower in time. When I'm dropping multiple files, the refresh/blinking and general kludginess of the operation make you think that MJ is going to crash at any second. And occasionally it does. And, still, we've got the same no-feedback blindness problem.

Now, if you had another window that represented the device's contents, you could in one swell foop A) eliminate the drag/scroll control problem and B) eliminate the no-feedback problem, PLUS provide a bunch of additional convenient functionality. In my separate window I could reorder right there, and I could see how my device was filling up, and delete from there too. If I had windows for both the internal and flashcard memory of my Nomad, that would just dominate. Blindly dividing them up in MJ as it works now is inconvenient.

I agree that some interface idioms require a cognitive shift, and once you've made the shift you're better off than you were in your old way, or your old square, et al. MJ's categories and smartlists are great examples of that, you're right. But these tools aren't the ones that I commonly apply to the problem I and datatrader were referring to. And on the other hand, I also think that some interface idioms are simply more effective and intuitive than others, and this multiple-window thing may be such a case.

When I first looked at the MJ interface, it's of course very similar to the MMC, the Microsoft Management Console, the backbone of 2000's management interfaces. I was surprised that it didn't have one of the nifty idioms of the MMC, the ability to right click on a tree node and say "New Window From Here". I've never needed or tried to use the classes that provide that functionality in any of my projects, but one would think there'd be a solid foundation to construct from in there.

Anyway, that's my .02. I think the point of this thread originally was 'does it do this, and if not what would you suggest', so I'd love to hear from power users and what tricks they use to accomplish these tasks. If you got this far, thanks for reading; sorry for the flood. Maybe I'll put this in the wish list. I'd love to see MJ dominate to the point where devices were coming out touting their compatibility with it, and it was crushing the competition.

I think that will happen because clearly these guys take suggestions and treat their users nice, and this particular user community is exceptionally friendly and thoughtful, unlike the other collections of rampant wingnuts you find out there.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2002, 12:19:56 am »

Datatrader's right. This would be a real convenience.

Sounds like 2 different issues: playlist capacity and file identities. Couldn't MJ add the playlist capacity to the data that appears in the mouse-over pop-up? Maybe a (small) extra step, but beats the hell out of re-opening the list each time and losing track of where you are.

Doesn't address the the second issue. Don't imagine you could handle that any other way besides a separate window.

Intuition tells me there's an alternative within the existing program, but can't figure out what it is.

HTH

Marty

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2002, 04:41:39 am »

I agree.  I work for a music publishing company and use the playlist to make pitches - then burn a disc.  When I am making a "Pitch", I search through many different files using the search, categories, tempo, etc...  It would help a lot if I could see what I have already placed in the playlist while continuing to search for new tunes to add.  
I also agree that MJ rocks - so much better than the competition, but the competition will get better and win over the MJ fanatics (like myself) if MJ will not LISTEN to it's users.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2002, 04:47:39 am »

We're listening.  Developers of MJ read this regularly.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Ged|PLS|H

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2002, 05:20:20 am »

Like most of the posters in this thread i have paid for MJ as I like it's features and think it is the best jukebox organisers. BUT.... I also agree that the ability to easily add to a playlist and to see the playlist and size would be good. A large numbers of the users of the program must be targeting playlists for 64/128 mb or CD sizes

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2002, 06:59:56 am »

I agree. I'd like to see this too. But not in a completely seperate window. One of the things I like about MJ over MusicMatch and Winamp is that's all in one window, not 391 different windows that all pile up on top of each other.

I'd much rather see MJ be able to create new panes on the fly. And ultimately, not even just one extra pane for a playlist, and not just in Media Library.

I'd like to have 3 panes of playlists open if I want. And have a Playing Now that showed Track Info, the Playing Now playlist, and a vis pane. So I can have something like this (sorry to do this to you dialup folks) :

The point is to not be static, though. I don't want a pre-defined layout. I want to be able to open and close panes to my heart's content. Let me worry about screen real estate.

Severian

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2002, 08:06:22 am »

That would work. Separate spaces (windows) might be more flexible (and you wouldn't necessarily have to open a ton of them, unless the whole thing were badly redesigned and we ended up with some interface hybrid of MJ and something like Photoshop), but the point in either case is just to see and manipulate more information than is available in the MJ content pane now. Separate panes in same parent window is cool too.

datatrader

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2002, 02:26:25 pm »

Thanks to all for your responses... Severian in particular stated the issue succinctly. Clearly a 3 window layout is a simple and intuitive interface. The best email programs for instance have this format because IT WORKS. An Explorer tree on the left, Main files on top right and Preview window on lower right... simple. In fact MJ HAS 3 windows. The developers however, chose bells and whistles over ease of use. The third window in MJ has "visualations". Eye candy instead of a useful window for viewing playlists. It could easily have both, allowing the user to choose. For instance, visualizations while using the software as a player, and a playlist preview window while creating playlists.

Another example of a program with this layout is  Cakewalk Pyro 1.5. You can view a screenshot at their site:

http://Http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/PY/PY.html

I haven't used this software so I can't address how functional it is but the layout of the windows is exactly what we're talking about... I found it today doing a search for other mp3 recording, playing and organizing programs. If anyone else has used it I would welcome your comments. (I would have included a jpeg screenshot but it wouldn't paste here... How did you do the screenshot Doof ?)

In respect to Callithumpians claim that he organized 7,500 files into playlists of 650 to 700 MB in 2.5 hours.... Well, I'll let the community judge the veracity of that claim... However, allow me to be clear here... I am not here to denigrate MJ but to look for better ways to use the software I purchased. I believe I made a good decision and I respect the company for allowing and promoting this forum. I am confident that they are looking for ways to improve their excellent software and will listen to thoughtfull ideas presented with respect.

I do hope that we can continue this discussion and perhaps we can look at how other programs deal with this issue.
Thanks again

LCtheDJ

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2002, 03:00:46 pm »

This is a feature I asked for several months ago and was told it is to difficult to code for multiple windows.  Maybe my mistake was in asking for multiple windows; what I really want is multiple panes or, as in html pages, frames.

Here's a link to an image of another program that incorporates resizable panes.

http://www.mp3-explorer.com/overview4-us.jpg

If you select 'Playlists' at the top, then the lower left pane displays a list of your playlists by name and the lower right pane shows the entries on the playlist you've selected, including all the data cells just like the library display in the top right pane does.

J. Rivers, would it help if I asked 'Pretty please'?

datatrader

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2002, 03:55:47 am »

LCtheDJ, you're absolutely right... it's not multiple windows we seek but 3 frames within a single window... excellent clarification.

The Daisy Cutter

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2002, 05:22:10 am »

Such a good idea I am surprised I did not think of it myself. If it is taken up can we please go with the "panes" idea not windows (which you could call "pains" but that would be a particuarly bad pun). I wish windows would use panes that could be maximised and minimised rather than windows that waist screen space and get anoying.

Over, 'Cutter

Severian

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2002, 10:11:05 am »

Hey, I haven't looked at those other apps you guys sent links to--I was just reviewing MusicMatch one more time to satisfy myself that it blows (it does).

But you know who has an idiom for this multi-pane stuff that totally rocks? Visio. If you use 2000 or higher it has these dockable windows/panes that auto-collapse or auto-open when your mouse is over them, and you can thumbtack them to stay in place or open. Would be perfect for some stuff in MJ.

kitfox

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2002, 10:21:09 am »

sounds like just the material for another wish list request

Severian

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2002, 03:24:42 pm »

And so, ladies and gentlemen by popular demand I have hamhandedly attempted to do right by the community and posted this to the wish list, under the title "Pane Relievers"! Vote early and comment often!

--Severian

datatrader

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2002, 04:54:13 pm »

...thanks sev' for posting this to the wish list... I'll put in a vote for sure, however I must admit to a lack of high hopes insofar as LCtheDJ asked for it several months ago and was told "it's too difficult to code"  
So I have two questions:
1. What method do you use in lieu of being able to view your playlist as you create it in MJ ?
2. What other software has this capability ?

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2002, 05:21:57 pm »

I just find navigation in MJ8 such a breeze.
From the thread called "How to Maintain Place in Media Library" I posted the following which may help, datatrader...

<<<MJ8's "Next" and "Previous" buttons allow much easier browsing and navigation.
Additionally all the (endless) lists of artists and albums are type navigable, so if you type F,R,A,N, you get to Frank Sinatra rather than (as you would in MJ7) Nirvana.

Go to a playlist, then go to a search, add some files to the playlist, hit the previous button, check the playlist, hit the next button, do another search, add some files to the playlist, do another search....etc.
Next, Previous, Next Previous.
Or wander off and get completely lost.
Then Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous. Phew!
Now where was I? Next, Next, Next, Next, Next, Next. Aha!
Very friendly, very easy.
>>>

Not exactly what you want I know, but hey...

LCtheDJ

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 06:45:21 pm »

If you'd like to view the old thread about 'split screen' display, you can find it here:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=5029&BoardIdle=3&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0&UserSession=

For other software that can show multiple groups of data at once, here's a start:

http://www.mp3-explorer.com/explorer.htm

image:
http://www.mp3-explorer.com/overview4-us.jpg

datatrader

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2002, 03:13:52 pm »

At least I see your method now C, however I have to say that when you look at your scenario vs one pane to view the playlist in it looks like this:
--------------------------------------------
YOUR METHOD:
Go to a playlist, then go to a search, add some files to the playlist, hit the previous button, check the playlist, hit the next button, do another search, add some files to the playlist, do another search....etc.
Next, Previous, Next Previous.
Or wander off and get completely lost.
Then Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous. Phew!
Now where was I? Next, Next, Next, Next, Next, Next. Aha!
-----------------------------------------------
     Versus a three pane window method:
----------------------------------------------
MY METHOD:
Open all files in right pane. Drag (or copy)file to lower right pane. Repeat as Necessary.
----------------------------------------------
Now honestly... which looks easier?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2002, 03:17:37 pm »

Depends on who's eyes your looking through.

I'm sure from Matt, Nikolay, and Jim's eyes, Callithumpian's method looks easier. Next Page

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2002, 03:45:24 pm »

MY METHOD (precis)
Double Click (on a file in Media library to add to playlist). Previous (to back go to the playlist). Repeat as necessary.

Now, apples with apples.

But hey, I not saying that three pains(sic) would not be very convenient.
(though i wonder at what cost to stability, performance, launch times, reliabilty, system overhead etc., not to mention programming time and complexity)
I'm just saying I find it a breeze right as it is.  A walk in the park.

datatrader

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2002, 07:17:49 pm »

I feel your fear C... if we keep sailing in this direction we'll probably sail off the edge of the earth.
You refer to software with 3 panes as follows:
"(though i wonder at what cost to stability, performance, launch times, reliabilty, system overhead etc., not to mention programming time and complexity)"

Well... it's the layout of Microsoft Outlook and we all know how unreliable, unstable, complex and unsucessfull THAT product is... What were those programmers in Redmond THINKING ?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2002, 05:22:18 am »

I don't want Media Jukebox to become another virus magnet, thanks. Next Page

But don't forget that Outlook was designed from the ground up to be a three paned interface. Trying to wedge this ability into an application that wasn't designed for it may cause the instability and overhead that Callithumpian mentions. It's not 3 panes in and of themselves, it's getting them in there.

It may be easily done. The Main Playing Now display has two panes. One for vis and one for playlist. So it seems as though that functionality is there and running well. So I'm not sure that stability and overhead would really be an issue.

datatrater

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2002, 09:27:52 am »

True enough Doof. I don't allow the use of Outlook at our company... one of the reasons being the virus potential... We actually use another really good little program that few use (which by the way also has a 3 pane view). I used Outlook as an example because so many are familiar with it.
Although I can appreciate that it will be a programming task, it isn't insurmountable by any means. There are as I said before already 3 panes... one for the explorer tree, one for the visualation and one for the main playlist. I can appreciate that we all use a program differently and respect the fact that C is happy with the program as it is.(BTW, C... thanks for the tip about typing the first few leters to navigate quickly... I didn't know that was possible). It's clear however that many of us would prefer an easier interface... the fact that we are here discussing it is testament to our commitment to the product... and our desire to see it become an efficient tool for organizing our data. I am busy just now but will post later exactly how I use software to organize playlists... and then perhaps we can hear from others how they do it. I hope to learn more from this discussion...

datatrader

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2002, 09:37:29 am »

LCtheDJ, thanks for the post with the links... It appears that this has already been brought up... and it would seem from that previous thread that this request probably is not going to be taken seriously... I was pretty discouraged after reading it...
But thanks again... Do you use MP3 explorer and if so what do you think ?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2002, 10:16:39 am »

Well, here's what Matt posted in that other thread...

Matt 08-04-2001 10:27:05 P.M.

Just wanted to cap this off by saying that there were a bunch of cool ideas presented here.
I can't say for sure what we'll end up doing, but we'll make sure we do something that makes everybody at least a little happy.

So, thanks. It's nice to hear from people about what they want in MJ.

-Matt

(p.s. we'll have to chew this over more once there's a version of 8 that you all can play around with)

And now we have a version of 8 to play with and we're chewing this over again. Next Page

Whatever happened to the "bucket" idea?

LCtheDJ

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2002, 12:52:39 pm »

datatrader: >Do you use MP3 explorer and if so what do you think ?

I've used [MP3 Explorer] together with Apollo for DJ playback.  [MP3 Explorer] works as a database/organizer and will send your selected track to the mp3 player that is your system's default player.  I would also use it to build m3u playlists.  Of course this was before I found the JRiver Media Jukebox.  If MJ gets multi-pane view, and Find on Playing Now, and direct access to m3u files through 'save' instead of 'export', I won't need the other players / databases / organizers.

Doof: >Whatever happened to the "bucket" idea?

I hope it got kicked (pun intended).  I much prefer direct drag and drop with source and destination both in view at the same time.

MJ already is using multiple pane views - tree, playing now, vis, player controls.  I'm hoping it wouldn't be too hard to code so the user can choose what he/she wants to display in each pane.  Oh, and also it would help if the tracks did not re-sort on their own and take you back to the top of the list after you make a change to your list.

Eric

• Recent member
  • sailing, treehouses, home roasting coffee
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2002, 06:22:52 pm »

There is already some event processing for drag and drop in the treeview to move nodes so it should be relatively easy to add a drag and drop capability from the left treeview to the right playlist window.

Right now, a left mouse click (or keypress as described above) on the treeview cause the right playlist display to refresh with the contents of the clicked on tree node. A drag and drop, however could just refresh the playlist being created to display the newly dropped item or collection. This should also update the running totals for file count, time, and size in the status bar as well.

Currently, MJ 8.0.199 doesn't have a drag and drop event coded for treeview to the right right listview but you can try it anyway to see that this process doesn't seem to interfere with any existing functionality. Create a test mix (playlist) called test. Click it with the left mouse button. The right listview is now the newly created "test", but empty playlist. Now, drill to a node in your Media Library by expanding the pluses and using the scroll bars and try and drag and drop a music file on the "test" listview. It doesn't work, but neither does it cause the listview to load the treenode being dragged.

To make it work, all MJ has to do is handle the drag event from the treeview and the drop event on the listview. Dragging an individual file would dump it's properties into the listview. Dragging an album or a parent node with children would recurse through the tree fragment, ignoring the branches while dumping the child file properties into the list view. Or alternatively, a left mouse button drag and drop could work to drop a single music leaf and a right mouse button drag and drop could recurse the selected branch and drop all of the progeny leafs into the "test" playlist.

datatrader

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2002, 06:03:43 am »

Eric... an original idea ! an actual answer to my question... what a concept... thanks.

Your idea looks like it could be easier to implement than my 3 pane concept and would still nearly accomplish the goal.

1. Open PLAYLISTS in the left (tree)panel and open (or create new) playlist in the right panel.
2. Then in the left (tree) panel, open MEDIA LIBRARY, then open ALL FILES and allow all the files in that directory to open in that same left pane.
3. You are now viewing all the files under ALL FILES in the left pane and the playlist in the right panel.
4. Now add your drag and drop capability to allow dragging a single file from the expanded left (tree) panel to the right (playlist) panel.

This comes close to accomplising the goal.

The downside ? you still wouldn't have the sorting capabilities available in the left pane (sorting by artist, song or album by clicking on the column header)

So perhaps it would be preferable to use the same scenario as above but with the playlist expanded in the left pane and the ALL FILES directory open in the right pane.

The downside ? you now wouldn't be able to view the running totals for file count, time, and size in the status bar for the playlist.

It would certainly be better than the current arrangement but still not as usefull as a true 3 pane layout.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2002, 06:17:52 am »

datatrader

I like the two pane idea also, reminds me of how i had Norton's file manager setup for windows 95, (that they dropped for some dumb reason)

sure would come in handy
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Eric

• Recent member
  • sailing, treehouses, home roasting coffee
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2002, 03:46:14 pm »

Personally, I prefer the three pane interface. Treeview to quickly navigate to a subset of music. Mouse click to load the top listview for the sorting you mentioned as well as seeing the file size and time before dragging and dropping to help decide what to drag and drop. Although if I already had say, a Genre/Artist/Album branch that I knew would fit on a CD, it would be nice just to be able to drag and drop from the treeview (Or drag and drop too much and then trim out as needed to suite).

I just mentioned the treeview to listview drag and drop idea because it looked like it could be implemented with a relatively few lines of code. Since they already do listview to treeview and within the treeview itself, most of the code framework should already be there.

datatrader

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2002, 05:45:46 am »

I'm sure from Matt, Nikolay, and Jim's eyes, Callithumpian's method looks easier.

I know this was posted to the wish list... does anyone know if anyone at MJ ever acknowldged that this 'may' be a worthwhile change ?

Does everyone really prefer using the 'third pane' for a goofy visualization instead of using that pane as a useful drag and drop interface for creating and viewing playlists

I know that I'm whipping a dead horse here...

Ah well...

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2002, 01:04:44 pm »

King,

"reminds me of how i had Norton's file manager setup for windows 95"

Ever had a look at Power Desk Pro 5 (from Ontrack) ?

Yves

Listening to: 'Andante Sostenuto' from 'Symphony No. 1 In C Minor'    by 'Radio Luxembourg Symphony under Louis de Froment' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up