INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to play back content that has an Atmos track with MC20?  (Read 1234 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Unable to play back content that has an Atmos track with MC20?
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:03:26 pm »

Trying to play back my first movie with Dolby Atmos encoding, and it just sits there with a black screen and no forward motion on the time elapsed.  Anyone else having success with MC20 and DA?

Note that I am not looking for Atmos decoding, I have bitstreaming on and was expecting the TrueHD track to play just like it does from the hardware player.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Unable to play back content that has an Atmos track with MC20?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:13:33 pm »

Currently, it's not supported. That means even the TrueHD core cannot be bitstreamed to an AVR. However, I have heard rumours that the next LAV update will fix this. Shortly after that, I expect that that version will be folded into MC.
For now, if you wish to watch the movie, use the OSD to choose any other audio track except the TrueHD one. The video will magically start.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Unable to play back content that has an Atmos track with MC20?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 10:00:59 pm »

Thanks.  I figured it was something like that but wanted to be sure.  I just used the PS3 to play the disc - prefer MC for playback because of usually better quality and the fact that I can shift 2:35 x 1 content to the bottom of my 16:9 projector screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up