INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing guide sources...subscription problems?  (Read 1516 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Changing guide sources...subscription problems?
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:28:55 pm »

If I change guide sources, from the default to xmltv, it appears that I will have to remap my channels one by one...which I can do...no problem...but will that also mean that I will need to go in and redo all of my subscriptions?

I hope this makes sense...it's hard to explain...basically, while I haven't actually switched to xmltv, I did a dry run on a client, and when I was importing the guide, every last channel from the channel scan had to be re-mapped to the new xmltv channel...I believe it was because it used to be "KABC-DT" and not it is "KABCDT", or similar.

mm0

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Changing guide sources...subscription problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 01:40:33 am »

If you go into the Options > Television > Edit Channel List you will see that there are a channel "Name", "Channel Number" and "XMLTV Identifier".

As long as the channel "Name" and "Channel Number" stay the same, which is within your control, and you simply edit "XMLTV Identifier" to match the new incoming XMLTV Identifier in your XMLTV file, then nothing else should change in MC. Subscriptions are tied to the "Channel Name", so if your existing channel name is "1007 KABC-DT", and the new name in your XMLTV file is "KABCDT", then just put "KABCDT" into the "XMLTV Identifier" for channel "1007 KABC-DT".  (Okay. I prefixed the "Channel Name" with the channel "Number" because I see you do that in MC, as do I.)

Then theoretically all your subscriptions should work as usual without being redone.

Which XMLTV source are you moving to Muzicman0?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:55 am »

Program-based subscriptions are tied to program names, and possibly one or more channel IDs.  If you did not delete and rescan your channels, it should be OK.  XMLTVID is used only during EPG updating, to establish connection between programs from the EPG source and your channels.  Non-subscription scheduled recordings are tied to a particular program.  There is a chance you may have to clean out old programs before loading new ones.  If that is the case scheduled recordings that are tied to such old program IDs will be lost.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »

Thanks for the clarification Yaobing.

I should have said I was assuming that the EPG from each source used the same program names, and that the schedule would be the same, therefore there should be a one to one match between existing scheduled recordings and the new EPG based on XMLTV. If both EPG sources were correct, that should be true, although program names often do vary between sources, particularly when broadcasters put prefixes such as "Movie" or "Sport" in the name, or suffixes such as "Special".

For longer term recording rules that don't have any actual recordings scheduled at the moment though, and for new episodes into the future, there should be no issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up