INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying sample rate rule in Smartlist  (Read 2692 times)

bluemark81

• Recent member
Applying sample rate rule in Smartlist
« on: October 01, 2014, 07:35:26 pm »

I'm in the process of rebuilding my library due to a catastrophic loss of files when I switched from MC19 to MC20.  I had a number of smartlists in MC19 and I'm trying to rebuild them, but, for the life of me, I can't recall how to do it and the instructions that I'm finding are somewhat vague.  As an example, my library consists of a combination of CD rips and high resolution files.  I'm trying to generate a playlist that will separate out my hi Rez files.  I'm attempting to do this by selecting "playlist" from the left pane. I then select "add smartlist" and give my smartlist a name such as Hi Rez Music.  I then select "media type" > "is" > "audio".  For the modifier, I am selecting "sort by" > "sample rate".  However, at this point, there is no option provided to either input or select a sample rate.  What am I not doing right?  I've tried other options such as selecting "genre", but once selected, it does not give me further options.  You help is appreciated.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Applying sample rate rule in Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »

Click the "Add New Rule" button, In the First pull down select "Sample Rate", and in the second pull down you can select "Is Greater Than or Equal to", and in the third section you can type in a value in HZ.

This will only show files with a sample rate at or above what you chose in the third section.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:00 pm »

That's what I seem to remember last time I  set things up, but I am not seeing that option now.  There is a button that says "add new modifier", but it just opens a duplication of the first two pull down cells.  I don't see a "greater than" or "Hz" option at all.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »

This is what I'm seeing:

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:39:26 pm »

Yep... Right above box that says Audio.. Add new rule....

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »

Duh!  Thanks, I don't know how I missed that.  Now, is it possible to edit existing smartlists?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »

Yep.. Just right click it and select "Customize View"...

Doh!! :P

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »

Lol, thanks again.  I think I've been working at this for far too long.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

Ok, new day, yet still confused.  Attached is a cropped portion of my previous MC19 library.  Also attached is a photo of MC20 as I start building my new playlists.  In MC19, I was able to build my playlists beneath the "audio" root tab in the left hand pane.  In MC20, my new playlist called Hi Rez Music is taking position in the left hand pane under the "playlist" root tab.  In MC20, is it no longer possible to create playlists under the audio root as I had done with MC19?  I have tried to drag it up to drop under audio, but that causes the program to shut down.  I'm not sure why this seemed so much more intuitive when I set up MC19, but I'm sure struggling with MC20.  Note:  the top photo is MC20

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »

Right click Audio, click Add Library View. Select what type of view you want and give it a name. It will now show up under Audio. Right Click it, Customize View and set up your rules. Two different areas, Playlists and Audio Views.

I just think your a bit rusty... I am sure your going to have an AHH-HA moment any second..

Ken

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »

AHH-HA!   Lol, thanks, but don't go too far.   :)

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 08:41:18 pm »

Um, since we're doing this and you obviously know a heck of a lot more than me, using this method to set up a high resolution playlist, how would you carry on from the "customize view" page onward, including categories and settings?  Thanks

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 09:19:56 pm »

Well I think you are getting the terminology a bit messed up. A playlist would be a list of songs you could click on and play. A View is a way to filter all the media in your library to present it the way that you want.

So I am assuming you want to set up a View that will just show your HI-Rez files only.

So you right click Audio, Add Library View. New window opens. Click Panes (genre, artist, album) to highlight it. In the Name box type "Hi-Rez" Click OK!

Now right click the Hi-Rez view and select customize view. In The settings area click on "Set rules for file display" this will open the same window your familiar with from the Playlist you set up. Click Add new rule and enter the same criteria you did there(Sample rate - >= - "Your value" hz. Click Apply then OK! Click OK one more time to exit Customize view.

You do not need to add the rule audio only because if you look in the Settings area a box is checked that says "Use parent scheme..." So if this is checked the view will automatically use the Audio Rule for display "Media Type Is Audio" . You can right click Audio and see what rules are in there by looking at its rules for file display.

You should now have a view with Genre Artist Album tabs, and a lower window with a details list style grouped by album.

If you right click a tab you can remove it or add a new tab, again these are filters for the display. By default they filter Left to right, removing items that do not meet the filters criteria. So if you click on a genre it will filter out all other genres in the tabs to the right of it, and the results will be shown below.

Play around and try some stuff!!

Ken

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

Dang... just noticed I was in the Mac forum.. Need to stay outta here! ::)

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:47 am »

Thanks.  I appreciate it.   I will play around with it over the weekend.  Don't stay out of the Mac forum though.  You've been great help.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »

What rule do I have to select to have both high resolution and DSD files appear in a smartlist?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

I haz no DSD files.. Might want to start a new thread for this question.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:59 pm »

Will do, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up