INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD ripping problems (merged topic)  (Read 2811 times)

exproducer

CD ripping problems (merged topic)
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:10:25 pm »

I ripped one CD no issue. Downloaded latest MAC software, got key, etc, OK'd from JRiver Restart. Put in another disc to rip. Will not rip. Message There is no tracks available to rip. Retry button, nothing.
Insert an audio CD. Reboot. There is CD already in drive; can see it in sidebar under drive but still not reading it? Click on rip from JRiver or to menu to rip below, nothing. Will not recognize disc in drive?
Continues to just read initializing from rip then never stops initializing? Recognizes all disks to play as itumes pops up asking if want to put in library answer no as already in library. It will play the CD in
iTunes & recognizes CD in drive but not in JRiver?

thearcfan

Re: CD ripping problems (merged topic)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:04:27 am »

Hi,

I can't get MC to see the disc inserted in my MacMini, although Finder and iTunes have no problem - please direct me to the right setup.

TIA

Henrik

thearcfan

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:06:02 am »

I have same (more or less) problem, so I'll hook on this thread :)

Veloyes

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »

I have the same issue. Any fix?

Be2

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »

Can someone help me figure out how to rip a CD? I have inserted a blank CD, but, when I click on rip cd, it does not have a rip button to start the process. The only items are details and options, and options it the only thing I can open? Anyone know what to do?

Veloyes

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:36:03 am »

I also have this problem with MC recognizing/ripping some discs, while recognizing but giving a "no disc inserted" message at the same time with other discs.

Mac Mini with SuperDrive.

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 04:09:10 am »

I have the same issue - very often MC doesn't even find any disc :'(

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 04:14:42 am »

What do you mean with blank CD? I guess you mean an audio CD that you would like to rip?

If it is an audio cd you should see in the device area the cd and also a button to start ripping.

Best regards and luck
jayla

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 10:23:50 am »

Please try the latest build just posted (20.0.24).  It has a fix for MC not finding the CD in some cases.  If that doesn't fix it, please send me a log file (johnt at jriver dot com).  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:33 pm »

Hi John

Very few problems with ripping with 20.0 14 but 20.0.24 almost unusable. MC will just not see the CD. Rarely, if I load CD while MC is on, it will pick it up and offer me a track list from the database. If I accept a listing, it goes dead most of the time. I note that the CD icon is mounted on the desktop. MC will never recognise a CD already in the drive.

Rarely, the disc is recognised after re-inserting several times and the listing under devices and drives only then shows the true disc name and not the usual message 'Compact Disc (/dev/rdisk4)'. Many other details not right such as it never ejects the disc at the end of a rip, just goes to recently ripped listing on screen (as it should).

I attach a log file here of a recent attempt at ripping.

When it works, its fine.

Let me know if more data needed. Keep it going!

Mike BRG
Pages: [1]   Go Up