INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch video on iPhone from HTPC running JRiver  (Read 1519 times)

bpchia

• Recent member
Watch video on iPhone from HTPC running JRiver
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

Hi, I'm wanting to watch video contained in my MC library on my iPhone. Is there an app that can access the JRiver DLNA Server and play video? I have JRemote but don't think this supports video. Obviously best quality preferred, eg as good as watching an mp4 with the iPhone "Videos" app.

Thanks

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Watch video on iPhone from HTPC running JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:42:57 am »

Hi, I'm wanting to watch video contained in my MC library on my iPhone. Is there an app that can access the JRiver DLNA Server and play video? I have JRemote but don't think this supports video. Obviously best quality preferred, eg as good as watching an mp4 with the iPhone "Videos" app.

Thanks

JRemote DOES do this.

bpchia

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:02:58 pm »

Ok thanks will check it out. Is this the best video quality I will get?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 03:41:31 pm »

Is this the best video quality I will get?

For what purpose?  For watching on your iPhone/iPad I would be very surprised if you could tell the difference.  Most video content may end up being transcoded at a bitrate suitable for streaming and to a format the iPhone can play.  If you are mirroring your phone to a large projector screen then you will likely see differences between the original and the streamed version.

bpchia

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 05:57:53 pm »

Yes it's only for the iPhone 6 Plus, but I can tell the difference between a high vs low bitrate video. That's interesting that you think the video is transcoded on the fly for streaming...I thought the client ie JRemote would have codec support for h.264 mkv for example and no transcoding needed, but that's with no technical knowledge of JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up