INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash When Using Display Window  (Read 968 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Crash When Using Display Window
« on: October 11, 2014, 08:42:17 am »

A couple of weeks ago I reported a major crash with MC20 where it just shut down unexpectedly. In the few crashes I had before I received an error message from Apple notifying me of that MC unexpectedly shut down and offering an option to report to Apple but I did not receive this message when this first occurred. Trying to restart JRiver the screen would open with only the tool bar at the top of the screen and a completely black screen below and it would shut down after a few seconds. I went through quite a bit including reinstall and restore before I got back up and running.

Another member made a post shortly there after about having a problem when he tried to double click on the small Display window to show full screen cover art. I recalled then that the last thing I did before this crash was to double click that Display window.

Things have been running great until this morning when for the first time I again double clicked on the Display window and MC immediately shut down. The same black screen appeared. But this time it remained open long enough for me to select View and change it from Display (the completely black screen) to Standard which immediately restored to a normal view.

Could someone at JRiver test this to replicate the problem and determine if there is a bug generated by doubling clicking on the small Display window?

Thanks
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

avysk

Re: Crash When Using Display Window
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:52:05 am »

Choosing "View -> Display View" for me causes Media Center to exit. The system log says

Media Center 20[10141]: *** Assertion failure in -[NSNextStepFrame lockFocus], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1265.21/AppKit.subproj/NSView.m:7041

Pages: [1]   Go Up