INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Multiple Artists) Tag view/folder when Audio/Artisit selected  (Read 1016 times)

WC Argus

(Multiple Artists) Tag view/folder when Audio/Artisit selected
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

I did a search for this so if the answer is elsewhere please point me in the right direction.

I have had this issue since using JRiver from build 18 so it is apparent I don't have a clue. I am frustrated that the first artist "folder" I get when I select the Audio/Artists tag is called (Multiple Artists). When opened it is filled mostly with full albums or the larger portion of albums that are not multiple artists.

For instance (and this is one of many) Their Greatest Hits: The Record Disc 2 by Bee Gees is in the folder. Disc 1 is where it should be in the Bee Gees folder. When I look at the tags there is nothing different and nothing "multiple artist" about it. Yet I can't get it out of this folder into the one where it belongs. There are at least 40 artist/albums with similar problems.

I will appreciate any input as to how to address this issue.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: (Multiple Artists) Tag view/folder when Audio/Artisit selected
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:48:43 pm »

sometimes (The Bee Gee's) look for (The) and (') in both catogories....album artist and artist....also look at disc # in the tag section .....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

WC Argus

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »

Thanks TAO1857  - You pointed me in the right direction. I had to right click on the album image and select "Sow All Tags." The next to Album Artist it shows (Multiple Artists) for whatever reason. To fix it all I needed to do was open the drop down menus, select the proper name (bee Gees) and save the tag. Now it is where it belongs.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:50:13 pm »

Great job.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up