INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver works on Windows 10 Technical Preview x64  (Read 1321 times)

digi340

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver works on Windows 10 Technical Preview x64
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

Latest days i install Windows 10 Technical Preview  x64 and JRiver works, no errors.

bp-plickner

• Recent member
Re: JRiver works on Windows 10 Technical Preview x64
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:43:55 am »

Good News!

ozziaj

• Recent member
JRiver not fully compliant with latest Windows 10 Technical Preview x64
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 04:20:48 am »

I've just installed the latest Windows 10 Technical preview on my new 64bit Dell laptop, and thought I give JRiver media center another go. I downloaded a trial version (v20.0.50) and installed with admin rights. No problems installing.

But when I try to import mkv movie files, for example, JRiver seems to take an enormously long time to import (>6 minutes for 2 files, one 4.4Gb, one 9.8GB!). Windows 10 tells me JRiver is not responding, but if I leave it alone, it will eventually come up with a notification showing that it has successfully imported the files.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I uninstalled it, and installed again but this time with compatibility set to Windows 7. Unfortunately that made no difference at all.  >:(

Importing audio files (1 flac and 1 HQ mp3, total 245MB) also seems to take a fair bit longer than I seem to remember when I played with an earlier version a year ago or so (I think that was a version 18 built). Unlike with Windows 10, importing previously under Windows 7 seemed to be more or less instant with hardly a delay regardless of file type.

Can anyone comment on this and give me some suggestions what to try next, please?

Thanks for all. Cheers to ya' all and a very happy, merry and prosperous 2015!  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up