INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play a line-in source in Theater view  (Read 2786 times)

David dP

• Recent member
Play a line-in source in Theater view
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

Hi !

Is there a way to play a line-in source in theater view ? Similar to open live in the windowed view, but without the dialog box, using the last configuration...

If so, I guess I'm too stupid to find it, so where is it ?

If not, is it on the roadmap ?

Thanks !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play a line-in source in Theater view
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »

Coming soon there will be a JRiver driver that will play from any source or program.  Stay tuned.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

Are you talking about the new WDM driver ? I must be thick, but I fail to see how that solves my question.

What I'm trying to achieve is to play from an external FM tuner, pluged into the same soundcard as the output one (Fireface UCX). That works perfectly with the Steinberg ASIO multi-client driver, using "Play live".
All I need is to be able to do this "Play live" action in Theater mode.
Or to play from the FM tuner in my TV card in theater mode too...

Is there a way to do all this with the new WDM driver ? If so, this is definitely a selling point for me to upgrade from V19 to V20 !

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:12:23 pm »

Configure the software you use to capture the input audio to use the JRiver WDM driver as its output device or set the JRiver WDM driver as the default audio device if there is no such option.

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »

Configure the software you use to capture the input audio to use the JRiver WDM driver as its output device or set the JRiver WDM driver as the default audio device if there is no such option.

Yes, I understand that. But I'm actually no other software than JRiver and the ASIO drivers... That's actually the whole idea : the computer launches JRiver in Theater mode at startup, and I'm trying stay there, even to listen to FM radio. Off course, the next step would be to control and play the FM tuner of the TV card from within JRiver, to remove the external tuner and it's own remote !

Now, why insisting on using FM radio instead of internet radio,which JRiver is all equipped for ? Simply because most of the time, the computer will no have internet access...

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »

What I'm trying to achieve is to play from an external FM tuner, pluged into the same soundcard as the output one (Fireface UCX). That works perfectly with the Steinberg ASIO multi-client driver, using "Play live".
All I need is to be able to do this "Play live" action in Theater mode.
In Standard View, start Live Playback in a zone, then click & hold one of the Car Radio buttons. (#1-12)
You now have a playlist which should start live playback every time. It can be moved out of the Car Radio location once it has been created.

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 01:22:07 am »

Hi 6233638

For some reason, I had never seen that you had posted this answer... I just wanted to thank you very sincerely !

Your workaround has solved my 15 months old problem in a matter of minutes.

The board admins might want to move this thread in the JRMC21 board, make it a sticky, etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up