INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exported file management  (Read 654 times)

stubbo

• Recent member
Exported file management
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:13 am »

Is there a way of maintaining within JR a list of albums (or artists) for example that you want to publish to an external device (in my case an SD card) so that it can copy all the files to a file structure on that device (not necessarily the same as in my library) and be able to update it as and when I add new albums etc. and sync the two sources (obviously only adding and removing files from the SD card.

I want to create a big SD card full of albums and just update it every now and again by syncing against the main library. The SD is about 25% of the size of the whole library so I need to be able to understand if I'm within size limits as well.

Seems like the sort of thing I expect JR would be good at but can't work out if it can or how to go about it.

stubbo

• Recent member
Re: Exported file management
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:10:40 am »

Just found the sync handheld command, and this seems to work if I map a location for the SD card.

Quick follow up question, in the folder naming conventions, [Artist]\[Album] etc. is there a way of defining the initial for the artist so I can have a folder for A, and all the artists beginning with A in it, would make it easier to navigate on my cars multi media system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up