INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Media Center 20 for Mac with iPod Classic  (Read 3150 times)

jfaaz

• Recent member
Syncing Media Center 20 for Mac with iPod Classic
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:23:16 am »

I have tried using MC20 for Mac to add files to my iPod Classic, but the iPod Classic does not recognize the files after they are added.  Is there a way to use MC20 for Mac to accomplish this task?

jfaaz

• Recent member
Re: Syncing Media Center 20 for Mac with iPod Classic
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 12:43:46 pm »

Well........ can this be done???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:12:00 pm »

I think it worked until recently but Apple's firmware update broke MC support.

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:00:19 am »

I am finding the same issue. It seems that MC is putting the files into an artist/album folder hierarchy inside a top-level folder named Music, which the iPod does not 'see'. I looked to see what iTunes is doing, and it is placing the files into a system of folders that are nested in a hidden folder called 'IPod_Control'. I imagine the challenge is large, but it sure would be awesome to have MC>iPod Classic working. Can it be done?

jfaaz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »

I am finding the same issue. It seems that MC is putting the files into an artist/album folder hierarchy inside a top-level folder named Music, which the iPod does not 'see'. I looked to see what iTunes is doing, and it is placing the files into a system of folders that are nested in a hidden folder called 'IPod_Control'. I imagine the challenge is large, but it sure would be awesome to have MC>iPod Classic working. Can it be done?

AMEN!
Pages: [1]   Go Up