INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug/feature request - Dual Tuners issue in MC20  (Read 1258 times)

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
Bug/feature request - Dual Tuners issue in MC20
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »

I am using MC20 to act as a PVR, and I have a Hauppauge dual tuner card.  It all appears to work fine - I can record two shows at once, and can watch a recorded show while those shows are recording.  The issue occurs when I try to watch live TV when one (or both) tuners are recording.

Let say both tuners are recording and I try to watch live TV.  A warning will come up - as it should - telling me what tuner #1 is recording, and whether I want to stop that recording to tune to my live TV channel.  However, no mention of the second tuner and what it is doing.  If I go in and manually stop the second tuners show recording, and go back and try to watch live TV, I still get the message that I have to stop the first tuner to watch live TV - even though the second tuner is available.  IMHO, the warning message should come up and show both shows that are recording, and let you pick the one to stop.

As a side note - when looking at subscribed shows - and sorting by priority - if the priorities would ascend or descend on priority rather than  alphabetically.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Bug/feature request - Dual Tuners issue in MC20
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:47 pm »

Are the two tuners identical (meaning they handle the same type of channels)?

When both are recording, we pick one and ask whether you want to stop its recording (you are right, this is less ideal).  If however you stop tuner 2, and then try watching a different channel, we should pick up tuner 2, unless tuner 2 can not handle the channel you are trying to watch live.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Bug/feature request - Dual Tuners issue in MC20
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »

Yaobing:

The tuners are identical - getting OTA broadcasts.  In fact they are on the same card - it is a Hauppauge 2255 card.  And they both can get everything I have on OTA broadcasts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up