INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRemote create playlists in MC 20?  (Read 4184 times)

henry2

• Recent member
Can JRemote create playlists in MC 20?
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:44:23 am »

Hi,

I am considering an upgrade from MC19 to MC 20 ; but only if MC20 allows me to create playlists using the jremote app.  Is there a way to create and edit playlists using JRemote on MC19 or MC20?

This is still an issue for me using MC19: the remote app simply doesn't have that function (shame! this issue was already mentioned back in 2012 http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/478-jremote-ios-remote-jriver-media-center-review/  )

Hopefully I simply overlooked the capability to create and save playlists!!

Thanks in advance,

maynard

Re: Can JRemote create playlists in MC 20?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:46 pm »

Yes, you can create and edit playlists in MC20 using JRemote. 

To create a new playlist: Find the song you want to play first.  Tap and hold that song until the context menu pops up.  At the bottom of this menu is the "Clear Playlist" command.  This will make a new blank playlist for you.  Then tap and hold on each song you want to add.  In the context menu, select "Add to playlist".  Once you add one item, it will start playing.  Add as many items as you like.

To save that playlist, tap on the bottom ribbon which shows what is now playing.  In that screen, look in the top right hand corner for an icon that looks like a stack of paper with a music note on it.  Tap that to get to your playlist.  At the bottom of the screen is the "Action" button, which is where you can save the playlist.  Next to the "Action" button is the "Edit" button, where you can delete or reorder songs in your playlist.

The "Action" button is also where you load playlists, delete them, etc.

Hope that helps!

henry2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:59:01 am »

Indeed that helps, thank you very much!!

henry2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 04:34:14 am »

Hi maynard / others,

Can i also add a single song to an existing playlist? For instance, i am listening to an album, but the one song i want to add to an existing playlist (without clearing that saved playlist).

Thanks

maynard

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:37:28 am »

To add songs to an existing playlist:
1) Go to the Now Playing screen (it's not actually called Now Playing, but it's the screen you get to when you touch the bottom ribbon)
2) Tap on the queue button (top right corner, looks like a stack of music)
3) Tap on "Action", then "Load Playlist" and select the playlist you want to add music to.
4) X out of the screen you are now on (upper left corner).
5) Navigate to the song(s) you want to add to the playlist.
6) Tap and hold the song you wish to add, and when the sidebar pops up, tap on add to playlist.
7) That's it!  You may also want to save the updated playlist by using the "Action" button and then "Save Playlist".

amz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:09:13 am »

Hi,

has anyone tried to remove a title from the playlist? I added one (by mistake) which was already there and after it was removed (the function is hidden under Edit) the Playlist is reported empty (wrong). JRemote died and had to be restarted.
The Playlist is still avail., the entry gone and the list ist still reported as empty (in Edit mode).
Seems like a bug to me - can anybody confirm this?

Regs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up