INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the TV Tuner card on my Client be available for recording?  (Read 1236 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a TV Tuner card on my Client machine and a dual TV Tuner card on the Server.
When I'm at the Client and try to record any TV shows it always uses the Server's Tuner card. That's okay. But if both Server TV Tuners are busy recording, the third recording will fail (I can't record three shows at the same time). The Client will not use the Tuner card attached to it. I have TV Services turned on in the Client setup and the Tuner status shows as "at idle".

So is there a setup issue, or do I need to just move the Client's Tuner card to the Server in order to be able to record three TV shows at the same time?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Should the TV Tuner card on my Client be available for recording?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:31:00 am »

Not sure if I've got the picture of your set up right.

Were you using the client with the server's library loaded? If that's the case, the I'd have thought you'd only be able to pick up the tuner on the server. I'm pretty sure that's how it works on mine. I reckon the answer is to mover the extra tuner over to the server just the way you're thinking.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:06:06 am »

Clients are not designed to record.

The client uses a copy of server library.  If we let clients record, there is synchronization issue.  It is possible to make it work under certain conditions, so this is still on my list.  But until I figure it out, client can not record.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 10:29:40 am »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll remove the Tuner from the Client and turn off TV Services.

I can probably use an antenna signal splitter (since I only have one antenna lead in the Server location) and add the Client's Tuner to the server (the Client Tuner is a "USB Stick" tuner).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

The other option to consider is a network tuner.

I've had long reliable service from 2 DVB-T dual feed, HD-Homerun units from SiliconDust.

Word of caution, you need to be careful that you don't over commit recording plans. The tuner will work on a first come, first served basis.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up