INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with transfering movies to handheld with library client  (Read 1113 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Trouble with transfering movies to handheld with library client
« on: October 23, 2014, 01:07:02 am »

I have a setup with a library server and some library clients, when i attach a tablet to one of my client I want to transcode and move videos over to the tablet. This doesn't seem to work though. The movies are transcoded and stored in the conversion cache on the server (not the client), and is just stranded there, it is never moved over to the tablet connected to the client. Any tips?

flac.rules

Re: Trouble with transfering movies to handheld with library client
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:55:34 pm »

Bump

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:12:33 am »

Any tips on this? Is this the regular behavior or something that only happens to me?

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:15:19 am »

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could try this with a library server/client setup, or confirm if this is normal behavior or not.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 12:00:06 pm »

I'll try to get around to trying it, but I have an ipad with only 16gb. Not something I would do normally. Didn't know you could sync movies with a tablet.

One thing though, can you do this from the server? If so can you locate files "internally" in JRiver from right clciking=>Locate.

If you can't do that, you would need to map to a network drive or a UNC path for it to work from a client

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »

I'll try to get around to trying it, but I have an ipad with only 16gb. Not something I would do normally. Didn't know you could sync movies with a tablet.

One thing though, can you do this from the server? If so can you locate files "internally" in JRiver from right clciking=>Locate.

If you can't do that, you would need to map to a network drive or a UNC path for it to work from a client
The computer i have set up the client on has mapped up the newtwork drive with the file I have tested conversion with. I can check doing the conversion on the library server computer itself. I would guess it works fine, the problem seems to be that the library server does the conversion job when i start it from the library client, but it is never transfered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up