INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there some trick I don't know?; or, What does a guy have to do!?!?!  (Read 1126 times)

shandragore

I post "Some MP3 files WILL NOT PLAY" on the 26th . . . on the 30th I see a guy with a similar problem, same title (minus caps) who gets instruction NOT ON HIS PROBLEM but on how to reply to a message . . . is the medium here more important THAN the message? In ANY case, contrary to the opinion of RAVMAN ("Support is rather good here IMO."), I'm finding myself just dangling . . . I can take a joke;is this the joke?

Would SOMEONE PLEASE, if you know anything about this, tell me if there is a fix, workaround or what-have-you for the problem that TREASURED FILES WILL NOT PLAY!? They play fine in WMP, but it leaves a gap between tracks, no good for classical continuous music. I WANT to be impressed, I WANT to become a loyal adherent of MJ or ANYTHING ELSE that will give me the performance I'm looking for - not playing my files AIN'T IT.

Oh, yeah, forgot . . . maybe there IS a trick, right here on this forum, and y'all are just answerin' up a storm; and I, poor fool, just don't know how to get TO the answers . . . is that it?

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Is there some trick I don't know?; or, What does a guy have to do!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 05:10:54 pm »

shandragore,
You're right ... no one responded. I remember your post but didn't have an answer. I am only replying now to acknowledge your existence because I still don't have an answer. Next time, "bump" it up. (Reply to your own Topic with nothing and it will move your post to the top of the heap.)
Toodles,
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 05:23:57 pm »

I just read it. And I have no idea.

Maybe you could email one of the files to Matt? He's pretty good at figuring out things like that. Other than that, without having one of the files to test, I'm not sure if anybody could tell you why it's happening. He's probably been so busy lately that he missed your post. Matt, what do you think?

I can tell you this, though. If you want true, gapless playback of your music, MP3 is not the answer. You'd be much better off with APE/APL. If your interested, I can type up something to tell you how to do that.

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 06:55:43 pm »

At least post the names of some of the songs that are causing problems.  And send a few of the files to Matt, as Doof said.  I read your original post, but have never seen a problem like it.

Scronch

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 04:47:23 am »

Just a thought I had... I have a couple of files at home that MJ won't import or play and I've always associated it with the fact that the filename is extremely long (never tested this though). MJ has had problems with some filenames in the past (some special characters have caused problems).

What are the names of some of the files that won't play?

ElGibby

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 06:48:42 am »

Don't know if this will help, but I had some mystery MP3s, too. They showed up on the HD, but I could not import them (although they did play).
Finally realized they were read-only; simply went into file properties and unchecked read-only box.
Maybe that'll help....

kitfox

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2002, 07:22:42 am »

>>>>>>>>>>Is there some trick I don't know?

Yes, you just discovered the trick--name the thread something intriguing.

Once, I tried to import about 1200 mp3s that I had archived to CD-R, but 3 would not import, either directly from the CD-R or when copied back to the hard drive. They would play in Windows Media Player, but the ID3 tags would not display in that program. I used Dr. Tag to erase the tags, and then they imported in to MJ just fine, and I re-edited the tag. For the heck of it, I just tried to import those 3 original files again from the CD-R, and I had to go through the same steps to get them in to MJ.

Michael

shandragore

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2002, 08:34:49 am »

HALLELUJAH!

And other, similar, exclamations . . .

OK, following Doof's suggestion I went on hard drive safari in search of cretinous characters - SEMICOLONS were the guilty critters . . . thanks to all . . .

Now, I DO have a question about etiquette here, and that is, how do I best respond to the completion, in my terms at least, of this thread that I have initiated? What I WILL do NOW, uncertain as I am, is issue a separate post thanking all . . . but a moment's forethought shows that, as a habit, that could become quite cluttersome . . .

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2002, 08:54:02 am »

You can just say thank you in here. Generally I think if we get involved in a thread we follow it until it's completion. So this is as good a place as any to say thanks. Next Page

So, with that in mind...

You're welcome.

And thank you for showing appreciation. It makes helping people worth the effort. Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up