INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Background black  (Read 716 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Background black
« on: October 26, 2014, 07:21:51 am »

Installed MC20 last night. All was well and everything looked as it should. Tried it this morning and all of a sudden the wonderful van Gogh backgrounds are gone ... well, not actually gone but they have gone almost completely black.

PS. I use no special skins.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Background black
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:33:50 am »

Check Tools>Options>Theater View>Behavior>"Fade out after inactivity to prevent burn in". I think that it is "checked" in your system and is causing the black screen.

EDIT: No that's not it. My Theater View screen was also black/dimmed-out this morning when I turned on my TV and switched to the HTPC input (I don't shut off or sleep the HTPC), and I have the box I mentioned above unchecked. So it's something else.
But the Theater View screen does come up to full color/brightness once it sees activity.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Background black
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:09:28 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. But the solution was even simpler: it turned out the monitor had reset itself and the screen had simply become too dark, which is why I only saw vague contours. Brightening the screen solved the problem (so I went ahead and calibrated it at the same time).
Pages: [1]   Go Up