INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headaches Porting Windows Library to Mac.  (Read 880 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Headaches Porting Windows Library to Mac.
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »

I'm trying to port my Windows library over to a Mac. The library is on the local computer and the audio files and cover art are on a NAS. The Tools->Library Tools-> Move, Rename, Move & Copy-> Find and Replace" works perfectly on the audio file names and changes what Windows previously named the path to the NAS to what the Mac now calls it and JR finds the audio files fine. But it doesn't affect the cover art which are also in a separate folder on the NAS (as well as in the file tag.) The only way I have found so far to work that will bring back the cover art and correct the filenames is to delete the album/folder entries from the J.R. database (not from the disk) one by one, and re-import the each folder/album. However, this is not a viable option since I literally have thousands of albums/folders and likely customized tags.

How do I get the cover art back? I have tried "the right click->Cover Art->Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory" but it does not find the cover art. I did not import the library with the "restore settings" option and I did set the path to the Cover Art correctly in the setup options. BTW - I did read the post of a similar problem by another user but it provided no workable answers. BTW - I am on V190.163 because I could not get V20 to play sound at all through my Mac (others seem to be having the same problem with V20.) I want to solve this problem first before I tackle that one again which soaked up almost a day.

I'll admit I'm very frustrated at this point. But I am more than willing to start over with the proper instructions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up