INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ant Movie Catalog - export and import  (Read 4412 times)

fredele

• World Citizen
Ant Movie Catalog - export and import
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »

I 've discovered today  Ant Movie Catalog : http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/fr.

It' s an app. who basically is a 'movie collection manager'.

With it you can analyse your Movies to extract some basic information, it comes with a highly configurable scraping engine with pascal object scripting,
export functionnalities, a printing export and like JRiver Media Center you can create as many fields as you want in it. The good news, for me, is that's free and written in Delphi.
Maybe did you saw on the french section that I' ve develloped a hobby project who makes the connection to various  Web API, making it possible to have europpean languages in JRiver's tag : nothing "ultimate" but, well, 'it works' ...
https://github.com/fredele/JRScrap/releases/tag/first_release
So, I already had from this project a ready Delphi Unit to write XML_Carside, connect to JRiver MC via COM, ..

So I downloaded Ant Movie Catalog sources and compiled it in Delphi.

For now, I just have written a very basic app. who reads .amc files (Ant Movie Catalog binary database format) and puts the content into JRiver's database. With many time and efforts ...

What could be possible is :

-> import JRiver fields in  AMC
->  import AMC  fields in  JRiver
-> export JRiver's database to AMC
-> export AMCs database to JRiver (both via COM and writing XML_Carside)

-> adapt the scrapper's script already existing in AMC to match the same tag's name in both software.
-> maybe : modify AMC to have I build-in JRiver playlist export ..

;D

And so on ..

I'm wondering if somebody already took the initiative to do something similar - I' ve searched on the forum but saw nothing  ?

I know that for english spokers benefits would not be great, but for the people like me .. (french ..)

So, what do you think of this idea ? Is it worth the

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ant Movie Catalog - export and import
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »

I think that is really very cool, great effort. 8)

From their website
User interface translated in about thirty languages: English (default), Bielorussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (latin and cyrillic), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian

Does that mean that all the movie information is in all these languages? I'm sure that would be a godsend for some people out there, if so.

fredele

• World Citizen
Re: Ant Movie Catalog - export and import
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »

Well,I did not tested all, but yes most of them for sure ... (fr, de, it, ..)

Pages: [1]   Go Up