INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cd-text issue cleared up  (Read 1073 times)

beamer

Cd-text issue cleared up
« on: January 30, 2002, 10:52:01 am »

MJ only writes cd-text if your burner is on their short list of supported cd-text burners.  I am not talking about the list of supported burners.  They have another list of supported text burners.  This list is very short and very old.  It would seem my two year old HP-cdwriter 9500 is much too new for this list.  The HP's supported end with the 9200 series.  My search continues for software that will do the following:
1) rip cd-s to my hard drive catagorized into a library of albums (wma or mp3 format)
2) burn the tracks back to cd, tracks to be in order they were on original cd, not alphabetical order, track/album/artist cd-text burned to cd without my having to type any of it.  I have found no software capable of doing this.  I have tried Easy cdcreator 5 platinum, Nero 5.5, Windows media player 8.0 & 7.1, Click'N burn pro 1.5, Winamp, clonecd, simplicd, cdmate, musicmatch jukebox, cdrwin, primocd and a few others whose names I have forgotten.  I would even settle for one program to rip and another to burn.  I was elated when I discovered MJ.  I even paid for it, being blinded by my happiness (every program listed above can be freely downloaded from one of those shady, overseas "freeware" sites)  
Pardon me for the rant.  If I find a program that works I will pass the name along to the forum.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:Cd-text issue cleared up
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 11:26:33 am »

Why not just suggest that the cd-text list be updated, and request the feature you want?

You can do that either in here or in the Wish List.

Where do you think such crazy features as Auto-Size columns, and two different Playback transitions came from? User request. Next Page

beamer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 11:40:06 am »

There have been several requests for an updated cd-text burner list in this forum.  But if you think it will help:

Dear MJ guys,

PLEASE UPDATE THE LIST OF CD-TEXT SUPPORTED BURNERS.  PRETTY PLEASE

Thanks

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 12:08:24 pm »

Well, about 20 seconds of searching on my part dug up the fact that since MJ uses Goldenhawk for CD-RW support, it's Goldenhawk's list that isn't updated. So I guess the MJ guys don't really have any say in that matter.

Have you tried asking Goldenhawk? Probably wouldn't do you any good based on what others who have tried had to report...

They did say that the generic driver would probably support CD-Text in the future, though. So maybe it's just a matter of time & patience.

beamer

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 12:44:18 pm »

While waiting for the cd-text capable generic driver, I will be trying out a few more programs.  It is amazing how many of these all-in-one jukeboxes there are.  I am at this moment experimenting with one called MUSE that shows much potential, after having eliminated MP3 BlasterX 2001 and Blaze Media Pro this afternoon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up