INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficulty Registering MC 20  (Read 1320 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
Difficulty Registering MC 20
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:20:55 am »

was early with the 20 download, paid up and successful thus far with newer versions. latest update went well until installation when for the first time I was asked to pay beyond my 30 day trial. restored license successfully and install proceeded but was dumped to the trash,,, what's up here ?

tasar

• World Citizen
Re: Difficulty Registering MC 20
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:24:40 am »

wanted to add I recently upgraded to Yosemite

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:57:14 am »

guess I will repeat here where appropriate......been paid up for version 20 from the beginning, and have upgraded such with no problems till now.....29 version downloaded but when attempting install, it does so but then dumps to trash. tried again and this time was asked to restore lic (as if a 30 day trial) which I did successfully, but install went the same.....to trash

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »

It is more appropriate to leave this in its own thread.

As far as the issue, your problem isn't completely clearly described.  However, make sure you've installed the latest version of MC 20.  The easiest way to do this is to download it from this forum using the thread you just replied to (the one for MC 20.0.29).  Download and double click on the disk image (DMG) file.  Then in the window that appears, drag the MC icon into the Applications folder icon to install it.

To be clear, you CANNOT run the application directly from the DMG file.  There is no installer.  You just drag it into the Applications folder, as is common for Mac apps.

To restore your license, please read:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

MC did not put your application in the trash.  I'm not sure what is ending up in the trash, though I'm guessing it might have to do with the DMG installation process.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up