INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo just impressed me a LOT, wanted to say thanks.  (Read 1886 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Gizmo just impressed me a LOT, wanted to say thanks.
« on: October 31, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

I know that a while back Gimo got some love, and increased the amount of data it buffers, for help with sketchy mobile networks.

Well, I'm sitting at home, testing out some stuff, including customizing views for Gizmo.  I decided to just play an album on my phone, thru Gizmo, connected to my server, via the wifi at home.

Well, in testing something else on my network, i needed to reboot my router.  I figured it would kill the connection, which is fine; but it didn't.  The album continued to play without interruption thru the entire reboot.

Good work!

Now, if we could just get Gizmo to work as a local playback solution also, I'll be all set.  Currently, I have to use a different Android app to play music stored on my phone, but that doesn't let me rate tracks, or manage Last Played, or Skipped data in MC.  If Gizmo could play these local tracks, I could remove another App from my phone, and get better functionality all at the same time :)

Thanks again!!!
pretend this is something funny

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo just impressed me a LOT, wanted to say thanks.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:05:59 am »

You know, when stuff just works, it's brilliant :)

My new-ish car connects to my phone via bluetooth, and finally, as a media player too, not just hands free, and...

When I switch the engine off, playback stops, and then, hours later, when I get back in the car, it connects, and playback begins automagically without me even needing to touch the phone. Now, how neat is that? Excellent. It displays track info on the media screen in the car too, all but the duration, which shows as zeros... Hendrik?

Anyone want to buy my now redundant, but otherwise excellent Motorola bluetooth FM transmitter?

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo just impressed me a LOT, wanted to say thanks.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:51:14 am »

I had a similar experience the other day. I was at home listening to some music on my phone using Gizmo connected to the Wi-Fi when I suddenly realised I needed some bits at the shop and so I decided to take a walk. It was only when I got back that I realised that Gizmo coped with going from my Wi-Fi to the mobile network all on it's own without a glitch :D

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

Status bar notification please -_- , this would make Gizmo *complete* (:
Pages: [1]   Go Up