INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use "OR" in Customize View ("Set rules for file display")?  (Read 3121 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

OK this should be very simple but I'm stumped.  How do I do an "OR" in the "set rules for file display" when creating a custom view?

For instance, I want to include all albums that have either "Hi-rez", "DCC", or "MFSL" in the titles (yes, I hard-code those in my album titles).  I can get any one of them to work but when I try to "Add new rule" and add a second line it always does an "AND" instead of an "OR"

I've looked at the help file for the query language (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language) but I can't figure out where I can enter a free-form query.  All I seem to be able to do is one part of the query at a time using the GUI.

thanks...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to use "OR" in Customize View ("Set rules for file display")?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:07 pm »

There are little widgets on the side of the search you can click.  Or you can edit it manually and add the or.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 07:13:03 pm »

Are you talking about the view or smart list wizard? Push the import/export button and enter or copy the conditions. Remember the parentheses and when closed you'll see the "or"expression in the rules parentheses added.  Otherwise it will assume the "and" by default.

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:49:05 am »

That was the trick:  the extra parens around everything.  I see now how you can click in the "gray space" next to the rules to group them in the UI as well (that's not really intuitive).  My rule now looks like this and it's exactly what I wanted:  ([Album]="hi/-rez" or [Album]="DCC" or [Album]="MFSL")

Thanks guys.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:08:58 am »

That was the trick:  the extra parens around everything.  I see now how you can click in the "gray space" next to the rules to group them in the UI as well (that's not really intuitive).  My rule now looks like this and it's exactly what I wanted:  ([Album]="hi/-rez" or [Album]="DCC" or [Album]="MFSL")

Thanks guys.
Thanks for posting back. Glad it worked out for you :)

And I see you found a little easter egg too ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up