INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music (FLAC Files) not importing...  (Read 1336 times)

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Music (FLAC Files) not importing...
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »

Hello All,

I just noticed that I am missing some music from my library but yet when I run the import, JRiver does not seem to import the missing albums even tough they are within the folders that have been specified for auto import. I have checked the file formats and they are all valid flac files and ones that I have tested, playback just fine.

Any thoughts/ideas as to what my be going on with the files not being imported? BTW, these have not been imported in the past...

Cheers,
Vin.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music (FLAC Files) not importing...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:09:42 pm »

Hi Vin

So you are are sure the files are not corrupted? OK  Just because they play doesn't mean the files aren't messed up though -- but if you have used a tool to check them, should be something else.

Another thing that could happen is that the file+pathname is too long or contains illegal characters . Usually a ripper will take these out for you and replace it with something else or a space, but not always
Code: [Select]
" * : / \ ? < > |
The long filepath name problem happen pretty often with me for classical music.  Above 256 characters (actually 260 it looks like after Vista) you have issues -- this could easily happen with overly complex file folder structures + paths + a lengthy file name. Petty rare for pop music though.

Can't think of anything else of the top of my head.

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Music (FLAC Files) not importing...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:13:27 pm »

Hi Vin

So you are are sure the files are not corrupted? OK  Just because they play doesn't mean the files aren't messed up though -- but if you have used a tool to check them, should be something else.

Another thing that could happen is that the file+pathname is too long or contains illegal characters . Usually a ripper will take these out for you and replace it with something else or a space, but not always
Code: [Select]
" * : / \ ? < > |
The long filepath name problem happen pretty often with me for classical music.  Above 256 characters (actually 260 it looks like after Vista) you have issues -- this could easily happen with overly complex file folder structures + paths + a lengthy file name. Petty rare for pop music though.

Thanks for the feedback Arindelle - I'll check again but normal if the files are too long, I would get errors that suggest the filenames are too long. In fact, I currently get those long filename related errors with a couple of files. But not seeing any errors/reasons reported as to why a whole bunch of music is not importing...I'll keep playing with the settings and see if I can figure out a way, but I don't see why I should have some many corrupt files not being imported... ?

Can't think of anything else of the top of my head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up