INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix no sound  (Read 1311 times)

bassmann

• Recent member
Netflix no sound
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:53:49 am »

Hi,

I've just spent the day doing a clean install of my HTPC and run into a sound issue. Basically I have no audio when playing Netflix within MC20 or Chrome browser. Add to this, I have no sound with Youtube from Chrome, but do have sound from Youtube within IE. From MC I can play sound from media files, either video or music.

I'm running Win 8.1 pro with MC20, all with latest updates applied. Its pretty vanilla other than that since its a dedicated HTPC setup.

Any thoughts on where to start?

Cheers,

Bassmann

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Netflix no sound
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:50 am »

I would start in the Audio setup. Go to Tools>Options>Audio and report back what Audio Device you have/show. And go to Windows Control Panel>Sound and see what is set as the default and test/configure the properties there. Is the new JRiver WDM driver set as the default in Windows Sound properties?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Netflix no sound
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 07:13:48 am »

Hi,

I've just spent the day doing a clean install of my HTPC and run into a sound issue. Basically I have no audio when playing Netflix within MC20 or Chrome browser. Add to this, I have no sound with Youtube from Chrome, but do have sound from Youtube within IE. From MC I can play sound from media files, either video or music.

I'm running Win 8.1 pro with MC20, all with latest updates applied. Its pretty vanilla other than that since its a dedicated HTPC setup.

Any thoughts on where to start?

Cheers,

Bassmann

Netflix always plays to the windows default sound driver no matter what because of the DRM it uses.  So the only way to get sound from netflix into JRiver is by setting the JRiver WDM driver to the system default.  You may also need to create a separate loopback zone to receive the input of the WDM driver because of the way MC's zones work.  

I just wrote a quick guide to getting netflix to play nicely with the WDM driver, see here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93043.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up