INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to use Interact Through the Embedded Web Browser  (Read 3033 times)

DavT

• Recent member
Unable to use Interact Through the Embedded Web Browser
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:40:56 pm »

I previously posted on a problem I had when trying to access JRiver MC for upgrades and also when trying to post on the Interact. As it looks like my time was not of value I will re-post the issue as the previous post was locked.

I use a mac. I have three macs, a new current iMac, a newer current  mac air and a new Macbook pro I use for audio. They all have JRiver MC. The JRiver MC is on my Docking station for quick access to my music library. When I open JRiver from the docking station to play music everything works perfect. All is good. When I then try and access links, even though the little hand clicks, nothing happens. When I log into Interact through this access from the docking station Interact does not work correctly, my key strokes, etc. from ALL computers are not interpreted correctly, cannot post etc.

However, when I open up JRiver from the internet I was able to download upgrades from MC19 to MC20 no problems, all links work well, am able to interact with "Interact" just fine. The reason to make the post is to make others aware. That if you have MC stored on your docking station and it is not working well for corresponding with JRiver, try opening the web site fresh instead of using the link on the docking station. I have since corresponded with two others who had similar problems with Macs and using the docking station icon and though it works fine for playing music does not link well to the full site, and they both replied they had not problems with they opened the web site from the internet instead of docking station.

I would have been happy to clarify if my original post was not locked. Just trying to share an observation.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to use Interact Through the Embedded Web Browser
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:52:01 pm »

I locked your previous post because it wasn't clear you were asking for help with anything relating to MC at all.

I assume, now, by the term Docking Station that you mean the Dock.  And you're referring to using the Start page within MC to access the forum from within MC itself.  There is no difference between launching an application from the Dock and finding the application on your hard drive and launching it there (or any of the other ways to launch an application on OSX).  So, it makes absolutely no sense that it would be something specific to pinning MC to the dock or not.

Assuming this is what you mean: When you try to browse Interact from within MC (accessed via the Start page in MC), you're unable to enter text into the web pages that load.

This works fine on my Mac, and I'm able to type normally into all fields when Interact loads.  I don't think it is "just broken" as you seem to assume.  There's something else going on.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to use Interact Through the Embedded Web Browser
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

Also, I'll note that you'll get the best results here if you:

* Title your thread with a subject that relates to the question or concern.  Generic titles (Like "This Stinks!" or "Help Me!") usually generate fewer responses.  Think of it as the headline for your "article".  The more relevant it is, the better.

* Make it clear what you're looking to achieve.  I locked the previous thread because it looked like you were just complaining about something that bothered you that seemed unrelated to MC itself, and didn't actually want anything.  It can be cathartic to just complain, and I get that, but it didn't seem like it was going to lead to a useful discussion.

That's why, in my response to your original post, I asked you to start a new thread with any specific things you'd like help with.

That's it.  This forum is generally quite friendly.  If you make an effort to explain yourself, you'll almost certainly get good results.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up