INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does MC 19 keep asking for the license number?  (Read 1211 times)

LewinskiH01

• Recent member
Why does MC 19 keep asking for the license number?
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »

Hello.

I've had MC 19 since it was just out. I installed and used it with no problems. Eventually my PC developed an issue and I had to reinstall the OS (Win Server 2012). After that MC worked well, but every now and then it asks me again for the license, as if it were a trial version I'm using. The first two times I didn't mind that much because I thought it would be the last time it did so, but it keeps doing it and I'm afraid I'll run out of licenses in the 12-month period. Any clues what might be causing this?

BTW, for some reason I have the 32-bit version installed, while my OS is 64-bit. Do you know if/how can I switch versions?

Thank you!

LewinskiH01

• Recent member
Re: Why does MC 19 keep asking for the license number?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:45:06 pm »

anyone?  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »

Maybe there's something switching the machine name?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LewinskiH01

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 07:05:16 pm »

That could be. And the something could be me: after re-installing the OS the machine was given a name by default and later I changed it to something Icould easily identify. I'm not positive the number of license restores correlates perfectly with me chnaging names of the server, but I will certainly be keeping an eye on it going forward.

Actually today I had to use the key again and now I have 5 instances left in the 12-month period. I will definitely pay attention.

Thanks for the idea!

Any other ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up