INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing ratings with iPod  (Read 1537 times)

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Syncing ratings with iPod
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »

I am new to MC and am trying to set up a syncing system with my 160GB iPod classic so I can finally get rid of iTunes. I have a large collection of unrated music that I listen to on my train commute, rating the songs as they are played. When using iTunes I had this convoluted way of bringing those songs from the iPod back into my main desktop library with the ratings intact*. I am trying to set up MC to do something similar but easier. I did this:

- Imported all my unrated songs into MC's database
- Created a smart playlist identifying them by their lack of ratings
- Set up my iPod in MC to sync everything in that playlist

My hope would be that, when I rated the song on my iPod that rating would also appear on the corresponding song in my main library. However that doesn't appear to be happening. Is there an easy way to do this in MC? Is there a better way to do what I am describing? 

*Additional info: My method for rating and importing using iTunes was a pain but it worked. I had 5 smart playlists, one for each possible rating. I would use a third party program that would allow me to copy files sorted into these playlists to one of 5 folders on my desktop, each corresponding to the respective rating. I would then import the contents into my main library one folder at a time, reapplying the rating as I went along. Then I deleted the rated songs from the iPod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up