INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genres have changed since installing latest build  (Read 2734 times)

marcusturle

• World Citizen
Genres have changed since installing latest build
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:17:48 am »

Hi,

I tend to view my music by genre.  I installed the latest build for MC20 yesterday.  Today, all the genres have changed and my files are showing up in different genre categories. 

marcusturle

• World Citizen
Re: Genres have changed since installing latest build
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 04:07:21 pm »

Update:
I reinstalled my library from a back up from yesterday.  Library reinstalled ok.  Left MC20 on but not doing anything while watching a football match.  Came back an hour later - it had crashed.  Launched it again, and guess what ... all the genre tags had changed again.

marcusturle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:37 am »

I don't understand how this can happen.  I thought when tags are updated in the library they are automatically updated in the source files.  Evidently not.

marcusturle

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:08:33 pm »

Anyone from JRiver have any response to this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:11:16 pm »

It's a total mystery.  There's nothing in the program that would automatically change genres.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »

Just a guess but maybe the file tags have been changed and during an import it changes the library? I suspect this because some people are seeing crashes during auto import recently.

Try restoring from backup then select all items and "update tags from library".

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:57:10 am »

It's a total mystery.  There's nothing in the program that would automatically change genres.

I have a similar problem with the latest version - the reason is because the .29 Version also reads now the .cue-Files (if exist in the file folder and configured in the auto-import as to be imported). If the genre- tagging of the jriver-bibliothek differs from the one in the cue file (for what ever reason) you will have every title of the album twice and also in the genre-view you find the album under the genre that is being described in the cue-file.
I  could solve this problem by deactivating the automatically reading of the .cue file by jriver.
Not sure if this is the reason for the trouble that the user described but maybe a hint for the direction.

Best regards
Joachim

marcusturle

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 02:45:19 am »

Just a guess but maybe the file tags have been changed and during an import it changes the library? I suspect this because some people are seeing crashes during auto import recently.

Try restoring from backup then select all items and "update tags from library".

Ran an update from library over night.  Looks like this might have fixed it.  Thanks for responding.

marcusturle

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 03:23:30 am »

Just as a coda to this, I noticed that copies (the previous versions?) of the files which were updated are now sitting in the recycle bin on my Synology.

Is it the case that when you 'update tags from library', JRiver moves the original (non-updated) versions to trash?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re:
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 09:45:18 am »

No. It would update them in place.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 11:42:39 pm »

Just as a coda to this, I noticed that copies (the previous versions?) of the files which were updated are now sitting in the recycle bin on my Synology.

Is it the case that when you 'update tags from library', JRiver moves the original (non-updated) versions to trash?

Synology doesn't have a trash unless you explicitly enable it on shared folders.  If you have enabled the recycle bin feature, then YES it will keep old copies of the files there until you remove them.  That is a Synology feature and has nothing to do with JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up