INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining Tags when sending to an SD-Card for Car Audio  (Read 943 times)

dskrt

• Recent member
Combining Tags when sending to an SD-Card for Car Audio
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:06:22 am »

I am using Mediacenter for years now and have been until now only a silent reader on this forum.

Now I have an issue I do not succeed in solving easily:

I have bought a new car who's entertainment system is able to read Music on SD-Cards, even decode the ID-Tags 'Name' and 'Artist' but not Track#. This stupid system plays album tracks 'alphabetically' no matter how they are arranged. Now I am searching a way to add the 'Track #' to the 'Name', but only for the files 'send to' the SD-Card, keeping the files in my library untouched.

How could I manage this easily ? For instance I could Import the Albums into another library combine both tags into the 'Name' and then 'send to', but this is very time consuming. Any Idea ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Combining Tags when sending to an SD-Card for Car Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:26:38 am »

Welcome.  If you set the card up as a Handheld device, one of the options can add preceding 01, 02, etc.

dskrt

• Recent member
Re: Combining Tags when sending to an SD-Card for Car Audio (Solved)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:38:08 am »

Thanks for the answer, the SD-Card is set up as a handheld, but I do not find this option to number the tracks in the Name? Am I stupidly missing something ?

Got it now! The play order is not managed by the Id Tag 'Name' but by the Filename, a rename of the Filename adding the Track# solved the play order problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up