INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 1823 times)

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Installation problem
« on: February 16, 2003, 02:17:45 pm »

I purchased the paid version of JB 8.0, which I ended up upgrading to Media Center.  I used it for quite a while and really liked the program much better than Windows Media.  Then I had severe hard disk problems and had to format my HDD making me lose everything, as my backup didn't work.  I've tried everything you've suggested.  I can download anything, but none of your programs will install.  After the format, I was able to reinstall my other programs with no problems.  I've never seen a problem like this.  I've been sent new installation keys, but I don't think I can do anything with out the trial version on, and I cannon reinstall that.  

I am using Windows XP Professional with SP1.  I have IE 6.0 also with SP1 installed.  I have an 80GB HDD and 512 MB ram.  I would appreciate any help you could give me.  My regular address is jstonejr2001@charter.net using a cable modem.  If you have anything for me that has an attachment, I would appreciate it if you could send it to brother1001@msn.com, as that address works better with attachments.  Thanks in advance.

John Stone

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 03:01:31 pm »

Have you tried installing both 8.0 and 9.0?  Did you get them from our downloads page?

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 03:07:58 pm »

Yes, I have tried, I believe every download you have.  They all download OK but will not install.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 03:14:22 pm »

got any error messages you can report?

where does it\you get stuck?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 03:14:53 pm »

What error message do you get? "none of your programs will install" doesn't give us much to work with

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 10:42:41 pm »

I get no error messages at all.  When I double click on the download, it says "Media Center is preparing install wizard which will guide you through the rest of the setup.  Please wait"  The blue cursor comes across below it, and then it just quits, no error message, just quits.  I have downloaded every version you have of Jukebox 8.0. 9.0, and Media Center.  

I still have it left on the other computer which I did no format.  So it's still there.  I copied it from its place on the C drive on the old computer and pasted it in place on the new one.  When I clicked it it said it was unable to initialize the Registration Control.  If I need to register it, could you give me some instructions on how to do that.

wakantash

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 11:56:01 pm »

I finally got it in.  Although it didn't show up as installing it was putting it in a temp folder with an address over two inches long.  I would never have thought that it could have done like that.  I know that I would never have found it by myself.  A program called System Mechanic with a tool called Safe Install found it.  I'm sure glad I kept that program.

Maybe I get a little sarcastic at times.  I apologize for that.  I really do thank you for your effort.  I guess that all's well that ends well.  Thanks again.

Wakantash

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 02:42:24 pm »

sounds weard to me.

Glad you got it running
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up