INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mp3 playback skipping  (Read 712 times)

zurn

Mp3 playback skipping
« on: January 29, 2002, 08:46:37 am »

Just wondering about this, as i had originally began burning CD's on a much less capable PC, and was able to rip and playback simultaneously.  

I've since built a new PC for this purpose, but now trying to do those two things results in an unlistenable very "skippy" playback.  Why is this?  

Every element of the new PC is exponentially better than the old (950mhz, 256 MB RAM, 40GB  ATA-100 7200RPM drive).  The only element i'm unsure of is the on-board audio.  I noticed that it doesn't have nearly the volume capability that the SoundBlaster i had in the older machine (i have to turn the Wave volume all the way up to make it audible through my receiver)...could that be the culprit?  I suspect so since the onboard brand is not recognizable (to me--that doesn't mean anything!).

In addition, i have to turn the slider all the way to "more skip resistant" to prevent skips during crossfade or gapless playback--and even then it still skips every once and a while.  Why would that be?

I'm just wondering if the audio device and companion driver software isn't the problem.

I'm going to update the driver of the existing one to see, but thought i'd ask the experts.

thanks,
steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up