INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resume in audio playlist  (Read 866 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Resume in audio playlist
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:13:02 am »

This is a follow up to my previous post.

I did not do a good job to describe what I am looking for, so let us try again.

When a play list is opened and play is pressed, "Sequence" No. 1 inherently plays.

What I am looking for is if Sequence" No. 273 is playing currently when the playlist is exited or the program is shut down. Upon re-opening this same playlist and play is pressed, then sequence No.273 starts playing.

I have a feeling this will take a modification to the program to accomplish, but, please I am very interested in this feature.

This is the only way I know to listen to my entire music collection.

Regards, Harroun

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resume in audio playlist
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:45:49 am »

I agree. It would be good to have an option for this.
However, I'm not sure whether I'd want this to be a global option or a per-playlist option.

For example, I have a number of playlists assigned to the "Car Radio" buttons that I want to play from the beginning every time, not resume from their previous position.
But I can see where it would be useful for particularly long playlists to remember their position and resume it the next time you play them.

Media Center can certainly do this, as it keeps track of the last-played item in "Playing Now" and will resume it if you hit play.
Perhaps it would be useful to set a default behavior for playlists (via Tools → Options → General → Behavior) and have a button to override that for individual ones alongside the Play/Shuffle/Update Order/Remove Duplicates/Lock buttons.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Re: Resume in audio playlist
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:08:54 am »

I agree, this can not be global, but must be one for each play list.

Also, many of these suggestions need to be flexible or options. As you point out you want to car list to start at the beginning. So either two play buttons, one to start the beginning of the list and another for the last track played.

I need to try to find what your are talking about on the current playing track. It seems even if I push the stop button and later push the play I am at the start of the list again.

Currently I have about 700 CD's loaded out of over 4,000 and have more than 10,000 tracks to sift through. Help is needed.

I am migrating from a mechanical system of 12 400 disc CD changers controlled by a PLC system. The changers being mechanical remain at the current disc, so power on and push play and away you go where you left off at. Nice. Right now I am chatting with a manufacturer likes what I am saying about this and supposedly they are working to enable resume play on each play list or shorted out list.

Thanks for your assistance. Harroun
Pages: [1]   Go Up