INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and push DLNA doesn't work properly anymore  (Read 2245 times)

grmain

• Recent member
DLNA and push DLNA doesn't work properly anymore
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:04:52 am »

Hi,
I've been using DLNA directly from a LaCie Lacinema device and also push DLNA directly from MC for several weeks, and it worked just fine.
But it has stopped working properly since last week.
I can't remember if it was before an update of JRiver or not.

Now, the problem is music stops.
Using push DLNA from MC with PCM 16 bit conversion makes the music stop after one song or, worse, a few seconds.
Using push DLNA with MP3 320 conversion makes the music stops randomly. It can be after one song or after 5 or 6 tracks.
Using DLNA directly from the uPnP device makes the music stop randomly, but it seems to work better.

Is it something that may come from my uPnP device? Or may it come from a bug in last versions of MC 19 or MC 20?

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DLNA and push DLNA doesn't work properly anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »

I have seen this behavior for a very long time. My renderer (Marantz NA11S1) stops randomly as well. Sometimes after 2 songs, then after 100 songs, but when it stops, it always plays a few seconds from a new song and then stops.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »

Or may it come from a bug in last versions of MC 19 or MC 20?

you aren't running both version concurrently are you? If you still have 19 on a machine make sure you are not auto loading on win startup the 19 server running version 20 with a version 19 server could cause problems I'd think

grmain

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 03:47:13 pm »

No, I don't. I always used MC19 only. When I upgraded to MC20, I uninstalled the previous version. And I haven't set up the media server to launch at startup.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 06:41:26 am »

you know upnp and dlna aren't really standards like CD Redbook ... there are somany things that could be incompatible its hard without knowing the device.

I have a question for you though. I thought La Cie were basically storage with the ability to playback media. Why do you use it as a DLNA renderer? No sound system maybe?

Would it be possible to use JRiver as the renderer and pull media from the LaCie (if you are storing it there). There are so many advantages, and its the best renderer going IMO without spending thousands that is.

grmain

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 07:38:46 am »

Hi,
yes, LaCie Lacinema is a storage device with multimedia purposes. I mainly use it to store and play movies on my TV. But as it has wifi implemented and, important fact, is located near my stereo system, so I use it as a wifi receiver/DAC in order to listen to the music I have on my main computer.
I have to do so because the living room layout is unconvenient, I can't plug directly my stereo system to my computer. Plus, I'm really comfortable with JRiver MC interface, especially with how it's able to sort albums, so discovering its push-DLNA feature was kind of a relief.

My Lacinema had some issues besides of why I opened this post (especially with the mini-jack output), so I recently ordered a new wifi DAC. It's a cheap one, but it can handle FLAC and I hope it will solve my problem. If not, I'll have to find other solutions because I can't afford $300 DAC's.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:06 pm »

Hi,
yes, LaCie Lacinema is a storage device with multimedia purposes. I mainly use it to store and play movies on my TV. But as it has wifi implemented and, important fact, is located near my stereo system, so I use it as a wifi receiver/DAC in order to listen to the music I have on my main computer.
I have to do so because the living room layout is unconvenient, I can't plug directly my stereo system to my computer. Plus, I'm really comfortable with JRiver MC interface, especially with how it's able to sort albums, so discovering its push-DLNA feature was kind of a relief.

My Lacinema had some issues besides of why I opened this post (especially with the mini-jack output), so I recently ordered a new wifi DAC. It's a cheap one, but it can handle FLAC and I hope it will solve my problem. If not, I'll have to find other solutions because I can't afford $300 DAC's.
It could be a wifi issue.
I have a device at home which I can push low bandwidth content to over wifi but it can't handle 24 bit flacs. Flakey starts and stalls out after a couple of seconds. If I connect it to my switch via ethernet instead everything works fine.

grmain

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 01:50:17 pm »

I received my new wifi DAC. And it works just fine. I can stream music with high quality settings and it never stops. So the issue came from my LaCinema.
Pages: [1]   Go Up