INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attempting to sync android device  (Read 4175 times)

Absolution

Attempting to sync android device
« on: May 22, 2015, 01:09:00 am »

Hey JRiver.

I've been having issues with android sync as far as I can remember. Whenever I attempt to get music on my phone via media center, the program seemingly cannot connect to the device. It just says "Working..." and never finishes. It detects the device storage and I can get the device info, but it never allows me to sync anything. I can access the phone's internal storage via explorer and the phone is in MTP mode.

I've tried the following phones: Galaxy S4/S5/S6 and its all the same issue. A workaround that seems to be alright is that I sync to a mounted folder, then manually copy the files over via explorer to the phone. After the copying is done, Media Center will actually finally recognize the device.

Running Windows 8.1

TCube

Re: Attempting to sync android device
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 05:37:58 am »

Hello,
Well "as far as i can remember" does not mean you previously addressed the problem here
... "as far as I can see".
Check the Android section of the board.
Rgds
Tc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:35:51 am »

What version of MC are you using?  20.0.108 is at the top of this board.

tgarland

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:51:46 pm »

I am using 20.0.115
When I try to sync to a Samsung Galaxy S4 it just refuses saying I do not have permission or this type of file cannot be played on the device (it is vague).  This is incorrect.  I can directly copy files and folders to the phone and play them all using Poweramp (Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC).  So, somehow JRiver Media Center is getting it wrong.  What can I do, as I really want to sync some playlists.  Thank you. 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:30:09 pm »

Make sure that the supported filetypes setting in the handheld sync options are correct for your device and that the conversion format is also supported and in that list.

tgarland

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 03:42:45 pm »

Thanks, I found that option and I added WAV and M4A and now it is syncing happily!
Pages: [1]   Go Up