INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear Playing Now  (Read 1572 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Clear Playing Now
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

9. Changed: Added 'Clear Playing Now' to the right-click menu of the Playing Now list.
Since it can't be undone, please ask the user to confirm this action. (and/or make it undoable)

Clear Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:05 am »

Since it can't be undone, please ask the user to confirm this action. (and/or make it undoable)
Please move this into the edit commands sub-menu, ask for confirmation, and/or make the action undoable. Just hit it by mistake again.

Re: Clear Playing Now
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:15:34 pm »

Bumping this since there's a new build out now.

This was my concern about trying to make quick changes in an hour; the usability or "completeness" of them not being fully considered, especially when many existing features are in that state already.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »

I'm having trouble why you find this difficult.  It's in a right click menu.  You have to select it.  Nothing other than the current Playing Now is affected.

Has it caused you a problem?

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »

Since removing items from a playlist is now "muscle memory" and this new option has moved its position, I've cleared playlists three times now by accident when I only intended to remove a single item.

As it can't be undone (it should be able to be undone) it's been a problem.

A command like that should either prompt the user for confirmation, or be in a sub-menu alongside other "destructive" commands like Shuffle Selection.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:34:17 pm »

Quote from: Jim
It's in a right click menu.  You have to select it.
One is specifically right clicking the menu in order to delete files from Playing Now by selecting Remove.

You can see below that the Remove From List and Clear Playing Now commands are right next to each other and it is easy to click the wrong command. Also, using the Delete key instead of clicking Remove doesn't work well when one is using a mouse.

Before the change, you had to right click the Playing Now zone to select Clear Playing Now and now you can clear your files directly from the list itself.

I edit my Playing Now in Theater View but can see how this could be a problem with Standard View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up